More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by OathkeeperPath OathkeeperPath

Salvation but at a cost.

A steep one, but one you can live with

Chapter 2 : Awakening (Rough draft v1)

When Josh came to, he was disoriented, but miraculously unharmed. He was in the rubble of Genetix, surrounded by members of the Guardians of Solace. To his shock, they thanked him and shook his hand, expressing gratitude for his unknown contribution to BioWar's defeat.

One of the heroes, a muscular man in a shining silver suit named Stratos, handed Josh a card. "The hero agency could use someone like you," he said, then flew away. Josh was left in the quiet devastation of Genetix, bewildered.

He noticed a strange substance covering his body, an armor that appeared part biological, part mechanical. In his reflection on a shattered glass panel, he saw a figure that looked unfamiliar. Josh's body had taken a feminine shape, curves and all, beneath the sophisticated armor.

Josh was on the verge of panic when the suit suddenly spoke. "Please remain calm. I'm AISYS, the artificial intelligence embedded in this suit. I saved your life," it said in a soft, feminine voice.

AISYS explained the circumstances of its activation and bonding. Josh's new armor was a prototype designed by Dr. Stalwart for a female user, activated by his desire to live. The AI went on to explain its origins, how it was developed using the brain scans of fellow employees. The damaged system, a result of the superpower showdown, had registered Josh's plea, initiating the bonding process.

The armor, now permanently attached to Josh, could have side effects in the long run due to its intended female user. AISYS assured Josh that it was dedicated to preserving his life, a task made more poignant by the fact it was based on the collective brain scans of his co-workers.

Josh sat in the silent garage, contemplating his new, unexpected reality. As the dust settled and the adrenaline waned, he was left with the startling realization that he was far from his ordinary life.

What next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)