More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Thehouseofweird Thehouseofweird

Who answers?

A representative.

'Knock knock' you hear the sound of wood banging against your fist as you wait for someone to answer the door. An older lady greets you standing just above you by a few inches and seeming as old as your own mother.

"Um, the guard sent me over here." You sheepishly explain. "Something about you would know why?"

Another roaring sound of thunder echoed it's way to your ears as she acknowledged it as well.

"Yes I see why he sent you. Come in dear before it starts to rain." The lady told you letting you enter.

The inside seemed simple, with style yet bland as if it wasn't for normal living.

"Excuse the mess of this office space." The lady explained taking a seat nearby. "I wasn't expecting visitors."

Guess that explains the feeling of this place. You figure it was sort of a managers building for the community. The landlord's house if you will. You sit across from her as she looks you over as if determining her opinion on your physicality.

"So, Mr?" She asked

"Miles." You tell her.

"No last name?" She questions.

"None of importance." You quickly reply back.

"I see." She ponders aloud, thinking over her next sentence. "Now listen carefully child, I'm about to ask you a few questions and I want you to answer them with upmost honesty. Otherwise I can't help you as I simply cannot let you go about this community if you are a lier. Understood?"

"Yes mam." You reluctantly reply, on one hand you have no idea what she's about to ask. On the other hand you rather not be stuck outside in a thunderstorm all night long.

"Good; now then, you seem to be lost is that correct?" She began her questioning.

"Yes."

"Where were you headed?"

"Las Vegas."

"For what purposes?"

"To start a new life."

"What was wrong with the old one?"

"I hated it."

"Did family kick you out?" She hit a nerve on that one.

You weren't sure how to answer but after a brief pause you oddly give in.

"It was...implied I would be...before I left."

"And what was it that caused this?"

Why did you leave?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)