More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ganti Ganti

What do you see looking back at you?

A human(?) necromancer

You were merely human male of average height, with unnaturally pale skin and hair. At least, you *thought* you were human. Most of the time. Sometimes you had doubts. Mostly because of that damn stat menu. Given the update, you'd have to see what changed for you... Which meant looking at it again. Suppressing a groan, you pull it up.

Level 4 Human(?) Necromancer

Monster, Human(?), Explicit

Experience to level up: 350

Attributes:

Strength 21, Dexterity 22, Endurance 20,

Charisma 24, Manipulation 20, Appearance 25

Perception 25, Intelligence 27 +0, Wits 25

Skills:

Weaponry 5

Weaponry (Staff) 15

Lore 20

Occult 25

Presence 10

Stealth 10

Dodge 10

Investigation 10

Crafting (Stoneworking) 10

Crafting (Woodworking) 10

Crafting (Artisan) 10

Feats:

Occult Focus: Necromancy: Adds +5 effective to Occult when casting Necromancy spells

Lore Focus: Necromancy: Adds +5 effective to Lore when studying Necromantic spells, effects, creatures, and the like.

Chill Ray: Single-Target Offensive Necromancy spell. Summons the cold of the grave into a mystic ray that deals Cold damage

Shadow Wave: AoE Offensive Necromancy spell. A wave of darkness that deals Arcane damage.

Plague/Venom Dart: Single-Target Offensive Necromancy spell. Life is not always nice- a mystic dart of poison or disease. Inflicts the appropriate status effect.

Life Leech: Kill an foe to restore your health. Has a chance to be saved against.

Lesser Necromancer 1: The study of Necromancy is the study of life and . To learn how to use to aid the living, to use life to aid the dead, and to cross the boundaries. It is a dark, dangerous art, oft mistakenly thought of as evil and is most famous for raising the dead to serve the caster. At this level you have access to all common spells, should you survive to learn them, and the ability to animate the least of the undead to fight for you. Current command capacity: 2 least. Undead Creatable: Walking Corpse.

All in all, you were... about average for your race, class and level. Though having all three of the new optional skills was... interesting. Kind of excessive, if you had to be honest. Maybe something to do with the new monster lairs? You'd been kicked down to Lesser Necromancer 1, annoyingly. You hated dealing with Walking Corpses. Even their evolved form was disgusting. You missed your skeletons. You'd just have to make due until you could climb back up.

Of course... there was that damn question mark next to human, in both your tag and your detailed information. Though... it looks like you could expand it. That was new. Poking it, it flickered and a new screen appeared.

Human(?): This entity is for all intents and purposes human, though they may have demonic, angelic, or draconic ancestry. This could even be as immediate as their parents. Or it could just be arcane and mystic forces changing their wielder. Has the potential to unlock sub-races as backstory is discovered/unlocked.

Waitwaitwait. Backstory? A monster with backstory? A non-boss monster with it? What? You... you might have parents? A mother? Possibly siblings? What? You stare at the subscreen blankly for several minutes.

Shaking yourself out of it, and lean against the rock wall, sighing. Staring blankly won't tell you anything about your apparent past. You sit on the rock you'd been using as a chair and try to meditate to clear your mind, only to be interrupted.

ERROR: Cannot rest/meditate, not your lair.

Do you wish to claim this cave as your lair?

Y/N

Bemused, you press Y, only for another popup to appear.

ERROR: No Claim Crystal. Acquire Claim Crystal to claim lairs.

You groan. So apparently this new lair mechanic is something you're going to be to interact with. So... you'd best start by finding this claim crystal thing. Can't be too hard, right? Right?

... Yeah, this is gonna suck.

Claim Crystal, Claim Crystal, where could you be?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)