More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Yabusa Yabusa

Who is testing the device?

A guy and your soon-to-be wife

"Well, what do you think, sweetie?" Jane asked, as she bounced a bit excitedly on her heels near the device. She spends far too much time watching all those paranormal shows, and the offer to do something truly supernatural seems to have excited her greatly.

You scratched the back of your neck, looking at that rather imposing dome, seeing your and Jane's reflection staring back. One of you looked concerned, the other giddy. "I dunno. Are you sure about this, that it's really safe? We've got a wedding in three months, and we can't really have a lot of downtime to delay that, right? And one of us is gonna become... well, a ghost? Like, haunting and making the lights flicker and stuff?"

Your wife-to-be huffed a little, putting her arms on her hips. Jane was apparently dead-set on this, you'd seen that look in her eyes before when she really really wants something. The girl before you was a little on the short side--though what she lacked in height she made up for in curves. That pronounced hourglass figure was incredible, and she was always so soft and cozy to cuddle with. Her chest was trying its best to pour out of her shirt, a fact that she seemed to enjoy teasing you with. Being very handsy herself, she appreciates your hands on her as well, loving being caressed by you.

...She pokes your shoulder, as you spent a little too long daydreaming about her body. "Hey, John, if you're so worried then you can stand right here, and I'll go touch the thing and then we get enough cash to get a house! Not just a down payment! Besides, it's only ghost-like! I wouldn't be dead or anything, just spookier."

"Okay, well, hold on now..! I didn't say I wouldn't do it, just... I need a moment. You have a lot of planning you wanted to do. And even if you're safe for however long this is, I'm not gonna know what flowers you're gonna want to order, stuff like that."

"Right, but you've got your job and stuff."

Emilia quirked an eyebrow. "I would think that the amount of money I am offering would offset any unpaid time off from your work. As for planning a wedding, I wouldn't say this project would delay much, if any, of it. With your consent, of course, I would increase the power of the machine to an acceptable level that would still allow the person affected by the device to verbally communicate. In theory."

"Whose theory?" you asked.

Emilia squinted at you. "I am usually very accurate in my theories, John. Now, I will let you two discuss things amongst yourselves while I power the machine up. If you both wish to touch simultaneously, I am perfectly fine with that as well, but you will end up with the same energy levels. But it would likely be wise for one of you to remain solid while the other explores a supernatural plane. Now, figure out who will touch and at what power level I should set the device to so we can begin, and keep in mind the duration of the effect should be roughly one month if the gauge here is accurate. I don't intend to delay any further."

Who touches the device, and at what strength?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)