More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Trom1806 Trom1806

So, who will be the person trying to achieve success in this world?

A female elf who has noble status...

You look from the window of your mansion at the panorama of a large port city... A series of trading piers, towering ship masts, docks of warships, sailors unloading boxes with brought goods, crowds of city residents moving around merchants' shops...

If the window was open, you would feel the warm tropical breeze blowing on your skin...

You turn away from the window and casually look around your office. You see beautiful tapestries on the walls, several elegant-looking chairs, cabinets that line the walls and which are completely filled with books and scrolls... You also see a large table made of expensive grenadile wood, which is covered with elegant patterns. On this table there are many alchemical utensils, as well as several tomes that have a rather ancient appearance...

You hear a light knock. Then the door to your office opens slightly.

You hear a timid and quiet voice: “Mistress Vianetel, the mercenary commander said that their group succeeded... They completed your task... He asked about when he could get your audience...”

You say: "In an hour. In the Emerald Hall. Make sure everything is properly prepared."

You go deep into your thoughts and you do not pay attention to the maid's response.

Your thoughts are extremely varied.

You think about the city in which you live. You think about this world. You are thinking about yourself.

Your name is Miella Vianetel. You are a female elf who comes from an old elven noble family. Of course, over the past 50 years, your family has lost a significant part of its influence and wealth. But you remain a person who has noble status. And you have significant financial resources.

However, in the modern world, even elves who are much more influential and rich than you have many serious problems. One of the main problems is that, from the point of view of the elves, catastrophic changes have occurred on the continent over the past five hundred years... There is no larger Elven Empire, the so-called "Empire of the Diamond Throne"... Everything has changed due to a series of natural disasters, economic crises, barbarian invasions and civil wars...

Instead of the Empire of the Diamond Throne, the territories in the south, southwest and southeast of the continent are now occupied by human states, orc tribes, settlements of lizardmens, dwarves and other primitive creatures...

Instead of the vast expanses that were subject to the elves in the past, at the present time there are only two elven states. One of these states is called the Great Domain of Loten-Rael. This is a small elven state, which is located in the southwestern part of the continent. This is a state that is surrounded by hostile neighbors and which is very limited in its resources... Its monarchical rulers are obsessed with the ideas of isolationism and the ideas of inflexibly following traditions... Even if these traditions are outdated and contrary to reality...

The second surviving elven state is called the Free City of Tior-Faen. It is a trading city-state that is ruled by a collection of the most powerful and wealthy elven aristocrats - the Collegia of Nobles. The city of Tior-Faen is located on a large island in the seas southwest of the continent...

It is in the city of Tior-Faen that you live...

What are your next steps?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)