More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Smutftw Smutftw

What do you see looking back at you?

A dwarven miner (Smutftw)

.

[Error] Pickaxe out of range.

.

[Error] Cant alter unclaimed terrain.

.

.

[Error] Pickaxe out of range.

.

.

.

... Updating... Outdated entity detected reconstructing profile.

Wait wot? What the hell is happening? Where are you? Why are you staring into a rock wall in the dark? So many questions suddenly swirl around your head as you turn and look around, you seem to be inside a completely enclosed cave chamber with only a weird glowing flower over a tiny trickle of water for company. The water flowing down the ceiling and out a small crack in the wall but more importantly looking up you see a simplistic old pickaxe stuck firmly into the roof of the chamber out of your reach.

A better question though is why you feel the overwhelming need to get it into your hands beside the obvious reasons of it being useful... Let's see the last thing you remember is leaving the dwarven city like all of your similar looking cousin's with just the clothes on your back and a pickaxe, probably that one up there. You ware tasked by the gods themselves to set out in different directions and dig the tunnels, the caverns and the secret places of the world... But it seems at some point the way the world worked had changed, your tunnel was gone... The entire bloody thing had been filled in, you knew that you had worked really hard, harder and further than any of the others you were pretty sure as you didn't even know what direction your dwarven home had been in... And the fucker gods auto filled it...

[Major grudge added +1]

And now what was that blasted voice going on about? Frowning and peering at the darkness around the cave you mulled over the words "Major grudge" before suddenly you ware surprised by the appearance of a menu opening before you.


Level 1 Dwarven Miner Monster, Humanoid, Dwarf, Explicit

Experience to level up – 100

Attributes

Strength 25 Dexterity 22 Endurance 25 Charisma 19 Manipulation 15 Appearance 19 Perception 23 Inteligence 22 Wits 21

Skills

Endurance 10

Melee 15

Crafting (Metalworking) 5

Crafting (Stoneworking) 100

Feats

Stout - Traditional dwarven stubbornness gives you the ability to resist 50% of all mind altering effects, magical or otherwise.

Wonders of the ages - gain a constant, passive buff to the quality of crafted items based on the time since your last .

Grudge keeping - Keep a flawless record of notable slights against you acting as quest bonus objectives with randomized suitable rewards given for their resolution.

[major grudge] 1

-Screw over the gods or their work

[Moderate grudge] 0

[Minor grudge] 0


Huh... Well you certainly don't remember any of this, then again your basic and barely sentient old mind was alot simpler before whatever it was happened that fixed you, funny though that you seem to be considered a monster despite being just a dwarf. The only skill that seems very impressive however is that of stoneworking... Something must have mistaken your tunnel and all the distance you mined for "Stoneworking" and given you enough experience in the field for that high number... If that turns out to be really overpowered it would be hilarious considering your otherwise really lackluster abilities... Hm... But... First how the hell are you gonna get out of this damp hole?

Think, think...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)