More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by frogogre1 frogogre1

What's next?

A change in loyalty

Paran dul had always known the horrors of war. Having served in the war against the gordians for a good chunk of her life and having lost a good chunk of her family to the war had long ago toughened her up and taught her the meaning of sacrifice.

Thats why when she was told of the plan to use multiple planets in a weapon that would destroy the planets but would allow them to bypass the gordians defense network and reach the gordians home world she was okay with it.

To be honest she didn't really care about the people on the planets used in the weapon. Mostly because people that would let themselves have a giant doomsday weapon on their planet that would destroy it. Weren't going to survive long in this universes

She had seen plenty fighting the gordians across the stars and in all honest a quick bang was a mercy in comparison to what she'd seen other conquer's do. As one example seen a parasitic bee race where they took other sentient species and took all personality living out of them leaving a blank worker drone that did only what the hive willed.

So yes they were fairly merciful when taking in the wider galaxy. Those were her thoughts as she thought about there recent occupation of earth before she was ordered to go inspect a nearby mine that had been acquired for their use to supply them with more raw materials to be processed mostly into spare components for equipment.

She did as she was ordered as a good officer did as she always had done. She made her way over to mine first checking the entry check point before making her way inside the mine. She has just began to double check what was in storage with the logs when all of sudden a unseen hit her and all of sudden she was aware that some being in this mine was in pain and that was unacceptable.

Paran quickly made her way out of the storage era and followed this connection to its source. When she finally reached she found a young human male who was crying from the burning sting of a thanagarian plasma whip. The officer he dealt the punishment behind him it took all of her will power not to head over in cave in his skull with her standard issue mace.

Paran quelled that for now this young man who seemed to be a young adult by earth standards was crying racked by the pain well hus fellow miners watched on in horror. Once she had a taken in the situation she acted. " You there what precisely did this human due to earn the plasma whip." Paran said asking the one who had whipped the human she found herself soundly needing to help at all cost.

" He was late on his daily quota mam and he needed to be made an example." The overseer said clearly taking a sadistic pride at punishing the young man well making his fellow miners watch helpless to do anything to stop him. She would brain him with her mace at the first opportunity.

" Well I suppose you have done a good job at that. Now that your done crippling our work I will take him with me to get medical care. " Paran told the overseer before unbinding the man from the whipping post and gently holding him up in her arms careful not to touch where the whip had hit.

" You there what's this man's name?" Paran asked one of the nearby miners who'd been to watch the whipping.

" His name is Charles xaive. Please help him quick the poor kids only 21 for God's sake." The miner said still a bit shocked at the fact he'd had to watch an innocent man he would call friend be whipped like this was a penal colony of the 1800 hundreds.

" Hmmm Charles xaive. It's a Good name." Paran said before she spread her wings quickly talking off and heading to the infirmary.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)