More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by frogogre1 frogogre1

Who Has This Power

Charles xaive 21

As far Charles could remember he didn't remember his family or what his life was like as a child. Just the look of child servants agents collecting him from a hospital looking at him with pity.

He mostly just sat there at the time listening to them whisper to each other about how a child shouldn't have to go through whatever he had gone through. To be honest he was curious what had happened but anytime he tried to think about he got nothing but stinging sensation and the smell of blood and fire for his troubles.

Sadly though life goes on eventually he went to school graduated and got a job at an old mine in a town out in the desert. Though he never did find out who his family was or get any Mementos of his childhood always being told they had all been destroyed in whatever had happened.

He took the mining job mostly because he didn't like being near people whatever the incident was having left some scar when it came to people leaving him nervous and shy when it came to people and so he liked working in the mine where he could find his corner of whatever mine shaft they were working on that day and lose himself in the motion.

Not only that but if you worked in the mines long enough you knew all the noises so he didn't have to worry about his skittish nature in fact he even had them done to an almost clock work. 1 thwack 2 crack 3 swoosh and on and on it went with few deviations.

This life suited him while other miners where a put off thar he wouldn't have a beer with them in account of his shyness and dislike of beer but they knew he could be counted on so they made peace with it. This all ended with the thanagarian invasion.

At first the thanagarians gave us some story about protecting earth from the lizard people. of course when that story fell through they brought out their big guns and made it clear they were in charge now and with their impenetrable forcefield that earth forces couldn't scratch as well as their space ship ganfing over us earth couldn't argue.

Charlie wouldn't have been affected all that much like many other earth citizens by just keeping their heads low but the mine he worked at was close to some special project of the hawk men and so they took over the mine and the miners like himself found themselves as labor for the thanagarians.

This wasn't so bad as they met their quotas but as it happened Charlie was one of the better miners and he began to pick up extra ore to turn in for other miners so that they could see their family's more.

This eventually backfired when he exhausted himself and didn't met his own quota which got him the energy whip. Which when it hit Charlie caused burns wherever it touched him causing him to cry out in agony.

Unknown to anyone especially Charlie himself this send out a special brain wave which would infect a certain thanagarian officer who happened to be inspecting the mine that day. Her name was paran dal.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)