More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by frogogre1 frogogre1

What's next?

The med bay

Paran quickly took Charles to the mines bed bay the one to be used for the thanagarians stationed there. But using her authority as an officer in the invasion fleet they let her bring Charlie's in without a word.

As she did she could feel Charles pain as if each fresh burning sensation running through Charles was another twist of a knife deep in her gut. Though if she was honest with herself she'd rather be stabbed in every vital organ a hundred times then let a hair of Charles be out of place.

Which should scare her out of her mind that she would even begin to think that way but It didn't. All she could think about was that the machine working on Charlie would hurry up healing him so she could hold the poor boy in her arms.

For surely he needed to be held right now after such a painful and terrifying experience. To be told it's going to be all right as she held him in her arms with her wings held tight around him to protect him from this harsh world.

Now her current thoughts should alarm her even more considering she'd never comforted anyone in her life. Not her family after a tragedy or even the soldiers under her command dying in sick bay after a battle under her command but this boy she was going to comfort him with all her might despite knowing him for less than an hour.

Eventually the futuristic medical machine was done applying advance medical creams to Charles body on a subatomic level. Leaving behind a scar but rapidly speeding up the healing proceed to matter of seconds rather than the months the plasma burns would have taken just to stop being tender.

Once Charles got out of the machine he saw the female thanagarian officer and no longer being out of it due to pain tried to show the subservience an officer her rank was due as the overseer at the mines had drilled into the miners heads repeatedly.

But just as Charles was going to give paran the expected speech about her greatness before asking what she needed of a lower being as they were taught to say in the now thanagarian owned mine paran quickly shut him up. She grabbed charles and put her between her chest.

" It was scary wasn't when the mean overseer brought out the whip wasn't it. Well don't worry the scary overseer won't hurt you anymore." Paran said in a baby voice cradling Charles in between in her chest as her wing came around him long a protective blanket.

Charles felt he should have been insulted at the babying but he wasn't instead he began to cry uncontrollably as the terror and pain of being dragged to the whipping post hit him again.

The event playing out in his head step by step begining with the reveal that the overseer's weird flashlight that he never turned on for some reason was actually some weird energy whip. The feeling of it as it burned across his flesh and him screaming as heard his own skin sizzle like he was being burned alive on a barbeque.

For a while they just sat that there the two of them in the med bay's floor as Charle let it out and paran comforted him but eventually he ran out of tears and actually fall asleep in paran's arms. For a moment just paran just took in her beautiful boy before deciding she was gonna take him home to her room.

Considering it wasn't safe at his home as it was an occupied mining town where any other thanagarian was allowed to the populace as they saw fit. Doing it mostly to keep them compliant and not mess up the commanders time table.

Which did remind her. She was gonna kill that overseer once she got Charles somewhere safe and got the overseer somewhere alone. Where she could blame some human resistance fighters or food poisoning. They were on an alien planet after all and it was mostly whatever sound better for an alibi.

No a better place to take Charles was her room on the ship. It wouldn't be that hard to get him there and with some well thought out excuses as well as some officer badge waving to settle any questions anyone asked. We'll she kept Charles safe and cared for on the ship that had a ray shield and plasma turrets.

So she gently scooped up Charles once again and made way to her room on the ship having no idea how much this one step would change her life as well as her home planets future.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)