More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by J.J J.J

What's next?

A Woman’s Proper Role

AN: It took me a long time to get pics that satisfy me for this story. Hope you all enjoy!

The Zenin Clan had made the most unusual request of Tokyo Jujutsu High.

They had located a Cursed Spirit, but rather than send one of their own Sorcerers to exorcise it, they had made the request that the school send Maki Zenin, the wannabe sorcerer who had left their clan to deal with it.

If Maki had been naive, she may have considered that this was a sign all her hard work was paying off. That she would be able to prove that she could be a top class sorcerer even without Cursed Energy of her own.

But she was not that naive.

Either this curse was something they wanted to kill her, to finally remove the stain that she was from the family, or it was so weak they considered it beneath them to deal with, but perfect for a servant to dispose of.

It mattered little to Maki. She had to prove herself. Then she would become Clan Head above all the family members that had looked down on her.

The auxiliary manager drove her to the sight where the Curse had been located, and then began to make a Veil as Maki walked in.

Maki could see why a Curse would be born here. It was an old Shinto Shrine that had been converted to a church when Japan was opened up after its isolation. A large building that had fallen into disrepair as the people became less devout in the modern age. But both the graveyard in the back and the building’s own broken appearance would be prime causes for negativity to be focused on it.

Maki pulled her spear into her hands as she entered the church. The veil fell down, both trapping the curse itself and ensuring no one would notice if it went wild.

Maki looked around. It was definitely big enough to hold a small town population, but it hadn’t done so in decades. She walked down the aisle, gripping her spear tightly as she searched for any sign of the curse.

As she approached the alter, she heard a rustling sound.

She stopped and moved to a defensive position, awaiting for the curse to lash out at her.

It never did. Instead, a female figure rose up out from behind the Alter, tears running down her face.

Maki was confused. It didn’t look like she was a curse. She looked quite beautiful. Like a bride at a traditional wedding.

Well, if she was a human, Maki had a duty to keep her safe.

“Hey! You there! What are you doing here? You know this place is dangerous right?” Maki called out to the woman.

After a moment, she stopped her crying and turned to look at Maki.

“Forgive me Young Lady, it’s just the world has changed so much for the worse, I can’t help but wish people could return to their proper roles. When women accepted their weakness and let the men take control of them.”

Maki cocked an eyebrow at the woman.

‘Great. She’s a traditionalist. I’ve dealt with enough of that growing up.’

“Yeah yeah, it was so much better when you were younger. I get it. Why don’t you go run off and go to safety.” Maki said, dismissing the woman from her mind as she checked the ceiling for any sign of the Curse.

“Oh? Do you really understand me? Oh how wonderful! Someone to share the sorrow with! Oh! You are perhaps the one I was told to meet!”

As Maki processed these words, the mysterious woman looked at Maki’s spear.

“I see. You truly have lost your path. The young man was right when he said you needed my help. You’re so lucky to have someone who cares enough to correct your mistakes. And I am lucky to have met such a strong sorcerer who was willing to spare me if I helped him!”

Maki took a step back at those words. Slowly, she took off her glasses. The woman was gone. Putting them back on, Maki again saw her, still standing by the Alter.

“Yup, you’re a curse alright.” Maki said as she didn’t give the curse another moment to prepare. She rushed forward, hoping to end it with one strike.

The Curse simply moved out of the way and grabbed hold of the spear.

“Oh my, this is not something a young lady should play with! You really are a naughty girl, but don’t worry, me and your future man will make sure you know your proper place!”

The Curse ripped the spear out of Maki’s hands, and in one swift motion, broke it in two with her leg.

“Fuck!” Maki exclaimed. This wasn’t good. She had no Cursed Energy. Neither Panda or Fushiguro were with her to carry her other weapons. Without her spear, she could not exorcise the curse.

She could not exorcise a curse just by punching it. She knew that from experience.

Maki hated to admit it, but her best option was to escape and call for backup.

She began to run back towards the church’s doors, only for the carpet on the ground to grab her legs and trip her.

“Don’t worry my dear!” The curse said. “I know how scary your big day can be, but I assure you it is the best day of your life!”

“L-Let go of me!” Maki yelled. “How the Hell are you so strong? And how are you so human? What kind of curse are you?”

“My origin?” The curse asked with a laugh. “Why, I am a Special Grade Curse. One born from the fears and anxiety of every woman who has ever been married. Every tomboy who learned to be demure, every rebellious woman who was put into her proper place by the bonds of marriage. Though in this modern era, marriage is seen as less important, but even so, I have half the world feeding into my power with their worries. I suppose if you wish to give me a name…Why, Nothing would be more fitting than Yamato Nadeshiko!”

Maki couldn’t believe this.

A special grade curse? And one based on a woman’s fear of marriage of all things?

Then she realized why the Zenin had requested she come here.

“Those Traditionalistic bastards! When I get out of here I’m going to-“

Yamato struck Maki with the back of her hand. “Language young lady! Now then, the sooner we prepare you, the quicker you can know joy.”

Restrained by the Special Grade’s control of the carpet, Maki watched as Yamato made 3 cups appear in front of her.

“I couldn’t decide which style of marriage is better, so I figured the best choice was to combine them!” Yamato described as she poured Sake into the cups. “A classical Western Wedding, but with my my favorite Japanese tradition. A cup for your past, present and future. I know some humans drink to give them extra confidence and courage. So think of this as a way to remove your worries so you can be who you should have always been!”

Yamato lifted the small cup, representing Maki’s past. She tried to keep her mouth closed, but the moment some Sake spilled into her lips, she found her mouth opening wider. She felt her mind shake as her memories came to the forefront of her mind.

She saw herself training with Panda and Yuta. Meeting the first years, and leaving the clan.

… But no? That was quickly gone. Instead she saw herself in a kimono, bowing down as she served the men of the Zenin Clan. She saw her mother and sister help her maintain her appearance. Never once did she shout or make Trouble for others. She was just meek and obedient.

The memory passed and Maki’s head was spinning.

“One down!” Yamato said. “Now for the present!”

The middle cup of Sake was poured into Maki’s mouth.

Again, thoughts and feelings suddenly shifted.

Why was she here? She was no sorceror! How could those fools at Jujutsu Tech send her into danger? Why was she even at that school? She should have been serving her family back at the Zenin compound.

It was not just her thoughts that changed either. As she looked around, the building seemed to become more pristine. Fixing itself up. And Maki looked down at herself. She was no longer restrained by the curse. Instead the woman was helping strip Maki out of her uniform. She even pulled off Maki’s glasses. Normally, that would mean that she could no longer see Yamato, but she supposed the spirit was so powerful, or Maki was close enough to , that she could see the Curse just as well without them.

Along with her clothing, her muscles also began to fade away, melting off her body and leaving only the soft body of someone who never worked hard in their life. Maki blushed and tried to cover herself, but not a moment later, a new outfit was wrapping around her. A beautiful wedding dress. Maki felt so nice, so beautiful, she could not help but smile.

“And now you are ready to start your new life!” Yamato exclaimed happily.

New life?

Maki had been quite accepting of her current life, serving her betters in the Zenin Clan. Why would she want a new life? When she pictured her future she saw…

Herself as the head of the Zenin?

That was ridiculous! Why was that her goal? As much as she wanted to deny it, it was what she wanted for the future, even though it was so wrong. It was the truth from the bottom of her heart.

Maki stared at the final big bowl of Sake in Yamato’s hands.

The other Sake had made her feel so good. Maybe this one would help her figure out just what was wrong.

With a smile, Yamato handed the Sake to Maki, and she gladly drank it.

Suddenly, her vision of the future was fixed! Instead of her being in charge of her betters, she saw herself being chosen by one of them. She saw herself surrounded by children, all with strong techniques that make them powerful sorcerors unlike her. She smiles at the thought of being useful to the Zenin clan.

“And now you’re all better!” Yamato clapped as she helped Maki up. “Now you know your proper role in society!”

Maki couldn’t help but blush as she was helped up by the Curse.

She did feel beautiful like this, but she was still terrified. What was she doing outside of the Zenin Compound? Why did she leave her family’s protection? Would anyone be able to save her?

A laugh echoed throughout the building.

“Nice work Curse. You did so good making the trash of the family into something even remotely respectable, so I think I’ll keep you around here. Perhaps Mai or one of Maki’s friends could use your help later.”

Maki turned upon hearing the voice. It was Naoya Zenin, the heir to the clan. Looking down at her with his arrogant grin that showed his superiority.

Maki was relieved for a familiar presence to be here.

Rushing forward, lifting her dress up to run, Maki collapsed into Naoya’s arms.

“Young Master! What am I doing in this place? Please save me?” She cried into his chest.

Naoya grinned. The annoying ant that had ambition far beyond her station had finally learned the lesson she had avoided to this

“Don’t worry my dear. Everything is fine. You are under my protection. Now and always.”

He took one more look at Maki. She looked beautiful enough, but the dress was definitely a western one.

He looked at the curse who had begged him for mercy. “I thought we had agreed on a more traditional look.”

Yamato nodded. “Apologies, I can fix her look easily. This was just the more well known example of what a bride looks like, so it was what came naturally.”

Yamato wakes up to Maki, and touched her, slowly shifting her wedding dress into a Kimono.

Naoya smiled. “Much better.” He looked around. “You know, while we are here, we might as well get it out of the way.”

Naoya had no issue with marrying Maki. It was just a way for him to control her more. If there were other women who caught his eye later, he could always just make them concubines.

He grabbed Maki’s hands. “Listen up. We are going to be married now. Which means you will always do what I say.”

Maki could only blush. “Of course Young Master! What you say is what shall be!”

Yamato Nadeshiko could not help but smile as she felt Maki fall completely under the pressure of her new fate.

2 MONTHS LATER

Maki was preforming the singular most important act of her life.

She was preparing dinner for her Husband.

In Maki’s mind, even though this was a daily occurrence, it would be wrong to view it as something that was mundane. Her husband was the most important person in the world, and serving him required full devotion.

She adjusted the apron that covered her ample chest. She had to look her best for him. And she had to finish it quickly before another Zenin came to order her around.

She may be the wife of the heir to the Zenin clan, but she was still a useless woman who couldn’t even use Cursed Energy. Which meant she was still a servant to the clan as a whole, but that Naoya came first in all requests.

Maki was content with this life. Unlike other women, she only had a useless heavenly pact. The only thing it was good for was giving her more endurance when it came to pleasing Naoya. And hopefully it would help her give birth to strong sorcerers who would make their father and the rest of the clan proud.

As she thought of her husband, a feeling of contentment settled over her, and it would never leave her.

Maki would never think of it, but she had found her proper role in both her family and in society as a whole.

Her thoughts briefly flashed a brown haired girl though. She seemed familiar, but Maki could never place her. Whoever she was, Maki genuinely hoped the girl would one day become as happy and content with her proper role as she herself was.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)