More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by OmegaExplicit OmegaExplicit

What do you see looking back at you?

A Weird Slime (Author: OmegaExplicit)

You see a stout green blob, rippling slightly as you move.

You are a Slime, the lowest of the low... quite literally in fact. You are only half a foot tall right now. Gathering your self up, you try to stand as tall as you can. 3 feet! That might be a new record! Or not, you could have just forgotten what the last record was... That was much more likely.

Aside from your sort of lack luster height, you are actually a decent monster. Decent compared to a single, very low level player, but still decent.

Finally realizing what an update means, you hastily open your Character Sheet, which pops into existence in front of you.

Level 5 Weird Slime
Monster, Slime, Explicit
Experience to level up - 500
Attributes
| Strength 16 | Dexterity 18 | Endurance 25 |
| Charisma 8 | Manipulation 10 | Appearance 8 |
| Perception 25 | Intelligence 25 | Wits 20 |
Skills
Athleticism 15
Awareness 25
Dodge 15
Occult 10
Presence 10
Resistance 20
Stealth 25
Feats
Absorption - You can restore hp by consuming objects and creatures. You have a small chance of increasing your attributes based on what you consume.
Amorphous Body - you can manipulate your body into almost any shape.
Monstrous Appearance - when attempting to use Appearance in a positive way on creatures without the Monster subtype, count it at 20 points lower until the target gets used to you.
Split Mind - if your body is split into pieces, then those pieces will retain some of your original intelligence and thoughts limited by the size of the pieces.
Weird Talent - You can imitate a spell you have recently witnessed.

Your first reaction is mock shock. Weird?! Your not weird! Just different... Surprisingly different. What’s this about a Weird Talent? The rest looks pretty normal, but you can’t remember being magical. How does a magical slime make sense anyway. You don’t even have vocal cords, or mana as far as you remember, and yet somehow you have magic.

You kind of want to see what magic you can do. Unfortunately, it seems to require you witnessing a spell, something which typically results in monsters like you dying. , not exactly something you were fond of, even if your sense of pain was pretty distorted from being a slime. hurt, simple as that. Not to mention your pride, which had ceased to exist some unknowable number of deaths ago. Yeah, your life wasn’t exactly pleasant.

You considered just slipping under your pile of rocks in the corner of your cave. Then you realized with outrage that your pile was gone. Your pile was gone! You would scream if you could, but instead you settled for an angry wobble. This would not stand, this could not stand! You would go outside of your cave and give whoever took those rocks a piece of your mind... er slime... whatever.

Pulling yourself to the entrance of your cave, you surveyed the mountain and forest outside in the morning light. The mountain, Imporne, towered above your cave, jagged rocks seeming to pierce the blue sky above. Up there was the territory of kobolds and other much higher level bosses. There was quite a ways between you and those bosses, but it was still potentially dangerous to travel higher up the mountain. Below Imporne was the forest, it was big and contained a lot more low level creatures like goblins and animals. Nothing too impressive down there, but there were certainly possibilities. Food too, your body reminded you with a slight, involuntary clenching.

Up or down?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)