More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by daciasdesire daciasdesire

Who is it and what does she want?

A Tourist Guide to Avonwick (Cast and Characters List)

Meet the Locals.

Spencer Askren (Age 44) – Husband to Kirsten, Father to Amy. Spencer was a young and ferocious lobbyist until the loss of his wife. One of the youngest senior partners in Washington D.C., Spencer left that world behind to care for their daughter after losing her mother. Needing to stay active, Spencer moved him and Amy to Avonwick where he bought and restored an old farmhouse by hand. Single since his wife’s , Spencer stays fit and active by kayaking on his lake and the odd bit of freelance work for his old partners. Lover of coffee, surprisingly well endowed, drives a silver Mercedes SUV

Kirsten Askren (Deceased, Age 36) – Wife to Spencer, Mother to Amy. Kirsten was the love of Spencer’s life and his shining light in the grubbiness that could be D.C. politics. The perfect wife and mother, she was tragically killed in an auto accident 6 years ago.

Amy Askren (Age 13) – Daughter to Spencer and Kirsten. Losing her mother while young has shaped Amy into a quiet but conscientious young teen. A diligent and well-performing student, she shows a growing interest in team sports. Currently trying out for the school’s softball team.

Glenn (Age 68) and Kathy (Age 65) Askren - Spencer's parents. Having spent most of their adult life working, Glenn and Kathy do their best to travel whilst they still can. Avonwick is often a destination of theirs, as it gives them a chance to check on their only son and granddaughter.

Geoff (Age 65) and Abigail (Age 63) Arington - Kirsten's parents and Spencer's in-laws. Despite the tragedy that struck them, Geoff and Abigail remain close to Spencer and Amy, who are all the family they have left after losing their only daughter. Retired, the two still live in DC but have considered moving to Avonwick to be closer to their remaining family.

The Mother’s Association.

Karen McAdams (Age 45) – Mother to Savannah and Tori, Divorced Wife of Larry. One of the first mothers to pursue Spencer aggressively. Impeccably well dress, even if the style is a little young for her age. De facto leader of the school moms. Karen is responsible for getting some of the women to back off with Spencer. Still wouldn’t put it past her to try her luck once again.

Darcie Collins (Age 38) - Mother of Kimberly, Wife of Tony. Never afraid to speak her mind, Darcie Collins normally has other mothers gasping in shock, whether it be from her smoking or her profanity. The straight-shooter has formed a friendship with Spencer, and who knows, maybe something else is brewing between the two?

Evelyn Malone (Age 36) - Mother to Riley and Logan, Divorced Wife of Clay. A Deputy with the Avonwick Sheriff's Department, Evelyn is known as a no-nonsense, hard-working mother. Adventurous and free-spirited, the mother of two does her best to juggle her job, her fitness, and motherhood. Maybe she'll even add love to her balancing act?

Rita Vasquez (Age 40) - Mother of Oscar, Husband to the late Rico. A real estate agent from New York City, Rita decided to move Avonwick with her son for a more quiet and peaceful life. Still mourning her late husband, Rita has found some comfort in her new surroundings, and may even find comfort in Avonwick's most eligible bachelor.

Loren Chapman (Aged 37) - A single mother of three, Loren is known as the Queen of the PTA, in addition to her job as a house cleaner. A bit of a gossiper, Loren is often the first to criticize other mothers who are.

Britney Lochlan (Age 33) - Mother of Tyler (Age 15), Wife of Donovan (Age 33)- With the glory days of being Prom Queen far behind her, Britney's life has stagnated in Avonwick, having fallen pregnant to her high school sweetheart. She now works at the school cafeteria and lives with her alcoholic husband and trouble-causing son. To cope with her plot in life, Britney self-medicates with cigarettes and (if the rumors are to be believed) .

The Carter Junior H.S. Faculty

Cindy Lynn (Age 33) - As devious as she insatiable, Miss Lynn puts the 'Sin' into Cindy. She's often receiving glances from father's who should know better. Whilst many of the mothers are jealous of the slender Spanish teacher, she can relate to them when it comes to Spencer Askren.

Jessica Wolfe (Age 30) - Brother to Marcus. The gymnastics teacher is often responsible for getting heartbeats racing with her nimble and athletic body. Although many desire her, few realize just how kinky things can get with her.

Ashley Black (Age 34) - Having moved from Maine after a rough divorce, Ashley's mid-life crisis has hit the reset button on her life. Despite her circumstances, she does her best to remain positive and upbeat. Even in her short time in Avonwick, the voluptuous art teacher is already drawing the eyes of many, but is she ready to open up yet?

Mary Winters (Age 42) - To most, Mary would seem to be the average principal. Professional, courteous, and hard-working. However, in her private life, Mary has embraced single life. Rumors even debate the fact she often organizes rather exclusive parties, but only a select few know the full truth.

Cassie Johnston (Age 25) - A student teacher, Cassie is ready to become an educator. Of course, being under the wing of Cindy Lynn may mean she learns a lot more than just teaching.

Abigail Hall (Age 44) - School receptionist, immediately recognisable by her Georgian accent. Moved to Avonwick after marrying a local man in town. Has worked at the Carter Junior for a number of years. Friendly with the typical Southern charm and hospitality.

Visitors To Avonwick

Jasmine Hong (Age 44) - Wife to Amber. A former schoolmate of Spencer's, Jasmine found herself in Avonwick when her wife got a job offer. Between the years, the diminutive Asian woman became a certified chef, collected many tattoos, and married the love of her life, Amber Wilson.

Amber Hong (Age 35) - Wife to Jasmine. Having run away from a religious upbringing at 18, Amber drifted around before meeting Jasmine. Towering, with a voluptuous figure, Amber is the opposite of her wife Jasmine. The tattoo artist now applies her work to willing canvases around the Avonwick area.

Emiko Osada (Age 30) - Once a science teacher at Carter JHS, Emiko left after a conflict between her and Cindy flared up. Despite this, the busty Japanese-American has found more than one reason to come back to Avonwick.

Tori McAdams (Age 19) - Daughter of Karen and Larry. Back home after a gap year backpacking around Europe, Tori has come back home to Avonwick before heading off to college. Maybe she'll spend her time re-creating her teenage years and re-enacting what she learned with her many European lovers.

Places to Eat and Drink.

Corner Coffee House. The place to get all the buzz! Avonwick's answer to Starbucks. Caffeine and gossip aplenty.

Calabresi (Italian) on Kingston Street. Retains a good reputation that's worth its expensive prices.

Thuong Thien (Vietnamese). Avonwick’s best-kept secret! Authentic Vietnamese food from a knockout menu.

McClaren's Tavern - The local bar, which sees its fair share of patrons every night.

Oxford Diner - Americana diner found in the nearby town of Oxford.

Local Attractions.

Be sure to visit Avonwick Bank for all your banking needs. Avonwick Bank, managed by Alfred, is run with the aid of Customer Manager Danielle (Age Mid 30’s). Short, a little over 5 feet, and attractive, Danielle has burnt red hair showing it’s natural red at the tips. Willing to treat her special customers just right. Has an interest in amateur photography. Broke off her engagement to Nick after catching him with another woman. Danielle's family includes; her brother Andy (Age around 30), Father Chris and Mother Angela.

The Carter Trail provides a physical challenge for everyone no matter their ability. Longer and shorter trails to suit, The Carter Trail takes in the best views Avonwick has to offer. Overlooking the town it meanders through beautiful upstate New York scenery switching between steep hills and densely forested areas. A true nature lover's paradise.

Only a stone's throw away from Avonwick, Oxford is a popular destination. The Oxford Park is perfect for a casual stroll or some relaxation time on one of the benches. Those who are artistically inclined should visit Oxford Gallery, which contains works from many local artists over various mediums, taking inspiration from the local surroundings.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)