More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

A Sullen Crowd !

Rob was already flustered as he entered the changing rooms to be confronted by a disappointed and sullen crowd of boys. He explained about coach Collins absence and tried to sound authoritative as he told them to use their time as best they could in the gym. In truth, he was out of his element here. He quite liked watching some sports but had never had much athletic prowess. His slim frame was not a complete embarrassment but was not particularly muscular.

"Hey, that's no good" challenged a powerful black youth called Spencer. "We have a big basketball game on Friday and we need a proper focused workout. Coach has a folder of plays in his office with all the routines. You'd better get changed, we've wasted enough time already." The other boys vociferously agreed. "But I don't have any sports kit with me" Rob protested, aware of the school rule that everyone entering the gym had to be in sports kit but also painfully aware that he sounded like a whiny kid ! One of the other boys spoke up. "Coach has a rule that anyone who forgets their kit has to do the class in their underwear" he said. "Yeah, that's right" confirmed the rest of the boys.

"Um, I don't think it's appropriate for a teacher to do that" Rob stumbled, aware that he was wearing 'tighty whitey' underpants and no t-shirt on a warm day. "Aw, come on sir. It's only us guys here" persisted Spencer. Rob did not catch the aside ' for now'. "We'll lose the game without this prep and you don't want to get on coach Collins bad side do you ? "

Rob was not a teacher noted for being a strict disciplinarian . He just about handled his own lessons in a classroom but he was uncomfortable with extra-curricula activities. Under pressure, he told the boys to start practising in the gym while he got changed. He went into coach's office, hoping against hope to find some spare kit but all that was there was an old pair of gym shoes. At least these were his size and would save him going barefoot in the gym.

The noise from the gym increased and Rob was alarmed to see the door to the main corridor opening and Carol poking her head in. "Can't you control them ? They can be heard all down the corridor" she complained. " I haven't got any kit. The boys said coach would make them do it in their underwear" Rob replied pathetically. "Oh for goodness sake, just do what's necessary, we can't have this noise" Carol said authoritatively. She closed the door with a smirk.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)