More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AinBaum AinBaum

What do you see looking back at you?

A Sniper (Author: AinBaum)

Well, yourself of course, a human males face. Not great looking but decent enough, adorned with brown hair of short to medium length, the lack of beard giving you a somewhat young look most people would place with someone in his early twenties(although your actually in your late twenties). One last thing, the eyes: grey with a blueish tint, seemingly always aware and somewhat intimidating for that reason, as they give you the appearance of someone hardly missing anything. You may not really see the rest of your body right now but you're pretty sure it's still there, your almost 5'11 of perfectly ordinary human, although you're more muscular than the typical civilian, you managend to maintain the bodily fitness you had as a soldier, before you got fed up and punched a local noble playing wannabe officer, now you're outlawed and living in the fucking mountain.

But hey, optimism, at least your class isuseful for living in the wild: a ranger, a great combination of mobility, ranged combat and broader versatility (mostly in things useful for surviving in the wild, how fitting) with a bit of meele combat sprinkled on top for good measure. That class was the reason why you had been able to support yourself rather well so long, it was perfect for hunting and thus feeding you. Apropo your class, updates like the newest one sometimes change a few things, so it might be a good idea to check your character sheet

Level 2 Sniper
Human, NPC, Outlaw, Explicit
Experience to level up – 200
Attributes:
Strength 18 Dexterity 20 Endurance 14
Charisma 14 Manipulation 9 Appearance 18
Perception 35 Intelligence 20 Wisdom 16
Skills:
Crossbow 40
Traps 10
Stealth 15
Climbing 10
Crafting (general)
Crafting (Woodworking)
Feats:
Boom, headshot - Your headshots deal twice as much damage as normal headshots.
Raised position -each feet you are above your target increases your hit chance and critical hit chance as though you had one more point in perception.
Eagles eyes - It's like your eyes have a built in zoom, your able to see far better in the distance then others can.

This. Is. Bad. What happened to your class !? Why aren't you a ranger anymore? Why are you suddenly a class you never heard of before? What will this mean for you? and so on. It takes you a few minutes to calm down from your anger and surprise at the sudden (and probably not good) class change. When you're done you try to analyse your new you as far as you can, dexterity and endurance were decreased (the former far more than the latter), making you both less mobile and less able to take damage, your perception was granted a substantial boost however, which will be useful for ranged combat. Your skills have also changed, some useful ones are gone, some new ones came, what feels the most important to you is that you still have skills in traps and stealth, which are incredibly valuable for hunting, your newfound crossbow skill is easily the greatest you ever had, making it rather clear that you're supposed to use one. The remaining skills are as new to you as the crossbow, but you believe the climbimg might be useful for your Raised position Feat. Long story short: you should still be able to support yourself, although not quite as easy also, if you are suprisingly ambushed things are looking bad for you, at least charakter-sheet wise.

Prompted by your new stats you also examine your inventory and equipment. You seem to still wear the same clothing, simple linen pants (brown) over short leather boots, combined with a short sleeved shirt in fading green. Your weapons however have drastically changed, gone are the bow, arrows and long hunting kife, what you have now is a crossbow (that's good with your new stats) and some iron tipped bolts for it, nothing for melee (that's not so good).

Ok, same looks, new class and stats, new equipment, has your cave changed as well? A look around yields mixed results, it hasn't really changed, but it has reset, your "furniture" is gone, in detail that means the bed (some animal furs that you sleep in, far more comfortable and warm than the floor), the fireplace (a ring of stone that helps to keep the whole thing in place) and the storage (stockpiled wood for the fire as well as a rack on which you hang what you hunted) are gone. Such a reset isn't nice but can be repaired (truth be told, you find it far more infuriating to be killed and robbed of everything "valuable" by so-called heroes every few days, stuff like that feels personal, the occasional reset ddoesn't).

That seem to be all changes for now, looks like you'll spend today trying out new powers and equipment while gathering the first ressources to rebuild you home, hey, maybe the crossbow will be useful for hunting somewhat larger game, on that hopeful thought you leave your cave in the side of great old Mt. Imporne to go about todays business.

Where do you turn though, up or down?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)