More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Kenken227 Kenken227

What do you see looking back at you?

A Male Harpy (Kenken227)

Authors Note: I am using stats based on DnD 5e as I am more familiar with this set up. I apologize if this is inconvenient to the story already established.

Also made a new Patreon if you could check it out all donations welcome if not, well enjoy the story anyway. :)

Looking back from the small pool, is a scrawny and gaunt face with glittering black eyes, and a mop of messy black hair raining down to mix with the scruff on your upper lip and neck. Wings black like a raven jut up from your shoulders and your pale chest clearly shows your ribs poking out, a pair of brown cotton pants on your legs that look almost skeletal and bare feet with jagged black talons coming off from each toe. Thinking to yourself for the thousandths time or maybe the first you can’t seem to remember "I wish I looked different". Glancing around you notice that you appear to be in a cave, a familiar cave, maybe this is my home? I had better start looking around and see if anything starts coming back to me. Shaking your head to try and clear your thoughts you spread your wings and fly out the opening at the top of your cave and landing in a tree close to the top. Stretching before you is an endless sea of green, an ocean of a forest stretches as far as you can see in every direction. The only blemish on this green blanket is a towering, jagged tooth of grey and brown in the far distance to the south. Mt. Imporne, not sure how exactly you recall the name of the single spire of stone, but you know it’s important, you know that you are afraid of it. Continuing to look around you see gentle slopes of hills rising and falling all around perfectly concealing the crevice that runs like a rugged scar for maybe a mile, at the mouth of the scar is a tower in ruins from wind, rain, and neglect. Water is pouring out of the rubble of the tower and flowing down into the rift that you recognize as home.

As your eyes roam the surrounding countryside, there is a spot of white on the horizon to the north. The sun dancing in the sky and turning the black of dawn into wonderful shades of pink and orange. A bunch of letters pop into view and obscure the peaceful image of the sunrise from your view.

Level 1 Harpy Runt (Event Special Alpha)

Humanoid, Harpy, Fey, Monster Explicit

0/100

Attributes: Strength 15 Dexterity 18 Constitution 14 Intelligence 15 Wisdom 14 Charisma 12

Health: 8 AC: 14 Speed: 35

Skills: Acrobatics +6

Arcana +4

Insight +4

Nature +4

Perception +4

Feats: Monstrous Appearance – when attempting to use Charisma in a positive way on creatures without the Monster subtype, count it as 4 points lower until the target gets used to you.

Natural Weapons – You are in possession of a set of Natural Weapons. You are immune to Disarm attacks.

Wings – Your Wings allow for flight up to double your movement speed

This must be what the players often refer to as a character sheet, but that can’t possibly be right, surely you must have some more skills, or something hidden from view. You shake your head to clear the vision of a book from your eyes. Looking down you can a see a dirt path leading into the forest toward Mt. Imporne in the distance, chunks of old cobble jut out from the path at odd angles. Wanting to better understand the surrounding countryside you decide to follow it.

What do you find down the path?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)