More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by zooguy  zooguy

What do you see looking back at you?

A Juvenile Primeval Wyvern ( zooguy)

You see a Royal purple, and draconic face, graced with an elegantly curving nose horn. Your azure eyes glance at your reflection, before turning back to inspect the rest of your gracile body. You crane your neck around, noting with some draconic pride how your scales shimmer, even in the dark, how iridescent your scale quality is.

Then reality re-hits you. You are a Primeval Wyvern! The Ancestor of the lesser drakes and wyverns, master of elements. Your royal purple links you to the old draconic magics, and your form, quadrupedal, but with wings, with a small row of spikes on your spine, and with four nubs of thagomizers on your tail. Your jaws are gracile and dromaeosaurid, with little spiked teeth in the front and plant grinding molars in the back. Two small nubs of horns on an underdeveloped seat sit on top of your head, and your front feet have long opposable claws connected to your wing membranes.

Because you are a "Juvenile" , the freshly fledged version of a Primeval Wyvern, the fodder of the caverns into the Primeval valley, before you fled to this cave on the massive valley wall. The information feeds back to you, The primeval valley, home to dinosaurs, and other ancient beasts dwelled, contained by the goddess of life to prevent their extinction, or the extinction of all lesser beings. With the return of location, more unfortunate deaths flashed into your mind. Getting picked off wandering Pteranodons, Toro, the wandering boss tearing your wings off, that unfortunate "incident" with the geysers.

You grunt before looking at your now bare cave, no nest, no horde, no food. just you sitting alone, in a cave, again. You shake your head before opening your character sheet, something you had picked up... quite frankly you can't remember.


Level 5 Primeval Wyvern Juvenile
Monster, Wyvern, Explicit
Experience to level up – 500
Attributes
Strength 23 Dexterity 17 Endurance 15
Charisma 22 Manipulation 22 Appearance 32
Perception 32 Intelligence 29 +0 Wits 24
Skills
Brawling 30
Athleticism 15
Presence 25
Lore 30
Occult 25
Stealth 5
Dodge 15
Crafting (Stoneworking) 5
Feats
Elemental( Fire, Poison, Electricity, Water, Sand) Breath – Can make a Ranged Spell Attack, treating Occult as 10 higher than it is for the purpose of hitting, at Occult feet range. Deals Correlating damage Type. Three times per day at current level.

Monstrous Appearance – when attempting to use Appearance in a positive way on creatures without the Monster subtype, count it at 20 points lower until the target gets used to you.
Natural Weapons – You are in possession of a set of Natural Weapons. You are immune to Disarm attacks. However, crippling effects have a chance to disarm you instead.
Wings – Your Wings let you fly, slowing your falling speed to one tenth and allowing you to move at your normal speed in any horizontal axis while doing so. Alternately, they can be used to triple your athleticism for the purpose of a single jump

Wisdom of the Ages – gain a constant, passive buff to your intelligence based on the time since your last .


Stone working is new, but you might be able to use it to make a less crumbly nest, not that getting materials was any easier. You let out a grunt as you move to the entrance of your cave, tentatively peaking your head out of the cave entrance. You look to the sky, only seeing microraptors and pterodactyl flitting around the canyon wall, no Pteranodons or any large flying predators to swoop down and snap your neck.

You take off, wings flitting as you quickly angle yourself to underneath the canopy, trying and praying that a thylacoleo will not take you out of the air. The one advantage that you have from the constant paranoia is the ability to see all the creatures that call your section of the valley home. The lesser fliers dart among the branches, the two you saw earlier, mixed with meganeura and confuciusornis. Juvenile sauropods and lesser herbivores and raptors darted among the underbrush, and you could see the greater herbivores towards the plains.

Then you hear an all too familiar roar, and you see the silhouette of Toro dart among the trees and take down a juvenile diplodocus with a neck crushing snap. You quickly divert your route to the sauropod nesting grounds. Toro was an asshole on the best of days, and had killed you a lot over the… respawns.

As you enter the nesting grounds, you quickly swathe wide open sandy plains, before spotting your quarry. With a well practiced dive you spread your wings and land on the back of one of the browsing giants. You chirp up

“ Hello Grzmot,” you pipe up to the lumbering giant.

With the sound of bones popping, the massive dreadnought turned to you. “Greetings… small one.” she said in a clear but thunderous voice.

“ Any adventures today?” You said, biting back that flash of frustration that comes from being referred to diminutively. You and the matriarch had come to an agreement a while ago, you could hang around the herd, and try to pick off any fledgling adventures that did the egg gathering quests.

‘ None…yet, but …the day…is still young,” She grunted before turning back to eat. You scan the herd, some new sauropod was added almost every update. You see two more dreadnoughtus, some apatosaurus, the thunder elemental brontosaurus, some Titanasours, a giraffatitan, 5 nigersaurus, and bingo, new watery colored sauropod sat by the pond, her eggs in a mud nest. She had a long fin on her neck and tail, and she looked confused and near wondrous about the world she suddenly found herself in.

Before I could ask what she was I heard the telltale signs of combat from the tree line. I bid the matriarch goodbye before I fled into the tree line.

What do you find in the trees?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)