More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sir Tom Sir Tom

What do you see looking back at you?

A Draconoid with a Twist (Sir Tom)

You look at the tall mirror in your bed room in your perpetually unfinished home. You see fiery red hair and blue eyes, a rare combination that has helped you seduce or at least distract a decent amount of low level adventurers. You have a tall, muscular, male humanoid frame and slightly tan skin from trips outside of your home down the mountain to the surrounding area. However, you are no human. Small Black horns emerge from your head, and red slightly scaled wings, useful for gliding but not flying, sit relaxed on your back. Your canines descend further than a human's, and your eyes burn with a certain... intensity. You last respawned into the element of fire, leaving its heat barely able to touch your skin. Even your breath makes a formidable flamed weapon, especially against low level adventures who don't look up.

You frown slightly as you remember the other side of your heritage. You spawned from a succubus, a sufficiently unlikely occurrence that you not only believe the gods are real, but also that they must have had a plan for your existence. Still, that lineage has some benefits, including a few low level charm spells and extortionary charm resistance. You've defeated more then a few cocky bards that way, who might have otherwise had you beat.

With a quick eyebrow raise you bring up your Character sheet.

Level 7 Lesser Draconoid half breed
Draconic, Demonic, Noble, Explicit
Experience to level up - 700
Attributes
Strength 30 Dexterity 30 Endurance 27
Charisma 35 Manipulation 35 Appearance 40
Perception 27 Intelligence 30 Wits 30
Skills
Melee (Katana) 35
Melee (Daggers) 20
Martial Arts ( Hard Style Pankration) 30
Dodge 30
Athleticism 30
Presence 30
Crafting (enchanting) 15
Magic ( Destruction School) 25
Magic ( Charm School) 25
Stealth 30
Feats
Fire Breath – Can make a Ranged Spell Attack, treating Magic as 10 higher than it is for the purpose of hitting, at Magic ( Destruction) feet range. Deals Fire damage, has a chance to set foes on fire.
Natural Seducer - Treat Appearance and Charisma as +20 to a single target. This feature can permanently override a person's normal preferences specifically to you, i.e. an ordinary lesbian will make you the only male she is attracted to. Also as innate spell casting, learn the friends cantrip, Charm Person (once per day), and Suggestion Spells (once per day).
Gliding Wings - Your wings let you glide, slowing your falling speed to one tenth and allowing you to move at your normal speed in any horizontal axis while doing so. Alternately, they can be used to triple your athleticism for the purpose of a single jump.
Wisdom of the Ages – You gain a constant, passive bonus to your intelligence based on the time since your last .
(Lesser) Draconic Heritage (Fire) -You have an inherit affinity for the element of fire. Fire damage will be halved for you. Also as innate spell casting learn the firebolt and flame blade cantrips as well as the burning hands spell (once per day). Also your tolerance for high temperatures is raised far beyond normal.

You Frown slightly in thought. You don't remember seeing the "noble" part of that entry before. Actually you look over stats in detail your brow furrowing slightly, that's actually a very significant stat buff. For that matter since when could you cast spells that came from your draconic side, or even the enchanting skill. Maybe part of a small patch... you pause your thought as the patch updates roll across your view. "...This could change everything." you think. The world around you briefly goes black. When your vision returns, the tunnel leading into your home and spawn point now has a pair of thick stylized metal doors covering the entrance. Your bedroom appears to have grown in size, and a new small side room has appeared next to it. As you investigate, you find in this room a mannequin clothed in Quality Leather armor. The dark black of the leather surrounds shiny metal studs reinforcing frequently hit areas. Two slits on the back piece look perfect for accommodating wings. Next to it, a Weapon Rack shows off a glaive, a long bow and quiver, two short swords, and... "oh what's this?!" you say out loud. You pick up a razor sharp, slightly curved blade, perhaps three and a half feet long. "...Yup. This one." you think. A small rack of daggers adorns the wall, from which you take liberally. One for each of your new boots and another for your belt. Step one of your plan... find some low level adventurers, maybe a level three, or better yet a level two, and follow them until they're ripe for ambush... or get the claimant crystal from them another way, in any case. Next, make some allies that will hopefully last for a while (you wince internally). At your previous record few kobolds and a guard drake and yourself has made it to level 12, but you haven't seen them ever since a party of level tens cleared you out and you respawned.

Unfortune memories come back in your mind. One of the more adverse side effects of being a relatively unique in this world is that players would target you sometimes in hopes of unique spawn drops. This meant long periods of what amounts to the experience of dieing by various means over and over again for .. a hard to define amount of time. Some time's hours a few unfortunate events had been around days.

You Breathed in Deeply and resolved yourself. No more. You would make a base mighty , a base that could be a sanctuary for spawns like yourself and with a feeling of , a base that wasn't intend to be fair to players. Now we go get ourselves a crystal you say to yourself

__

Do you find them?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)