More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Lordofgoats Lordofgoats

What do you see looking back at you?

A Cultist of the Grey Merchant (Lordofgoats)

You see the face of a woman, not a great beauty by any stretch of the imagination but certainly no crone. A strong jaw, small nose and eyes of different colours, one piercing icy blue whilst the other is completely black. Long white hair emerges from under your hood, the ritual that bound you to The Grey Merchant having leached the colour from your hair. Your body is lithe and tough, medium sized breasts grace your chest, hidden away under your black robe. The eye, a sign of your devotion to The Grey Merchant granted you a fractional measure of his power. The Grey Merchant was a high level boss, a powerful undead who’s dungeon resides in the southern wastes. Running your hands down over your body, a phantom pain flashes across your mind as you recall your last , a pair of fighters had heard a rumour that you had more information about the dungeon than you did, so they had killed you slowly to try to get the information that didn’t exist out of you before ransacking the cave and taking the only item that made you special, one shard of the invitation ring that let party’s enter the Grey Merchants dungeon.

Opening your character sheet to see if the latest update has changed anything about your abilities you were shocked to find that you had apparently been overhauled.

_Level 5 Cultist
Monster, Human, Explicit
Experience to level up - 500
Attributes

Strength 20 Dexterity 20 Endurance 25
Perception 30 Intelligence 35+0 Wits 20

Charisma 19 Manipulation 20 Appearance 20 Skills

Lore 25

Occult 25

Stitching 25

Necromancy 25

Athleticism 15

Dodge 15

Intimidate 10

Feats

Merchants Favour - When using the Summon Undead spell, if there are no suitable corpses in

the vicinity, a body shall appear that is appropriate for the level of the spell cast.

Cloth and Flesh - You may use your stitching skill in place of the medicine skill to heal players and monsters.

Wisdom of the Ages - Gain a constant passive bonus to intelligence based on the time since your last .

The Black Eye - You can add your occult skill to any attempts to intimidate players or monsters.

Spells

Animate Dead (Minor) - The caster can raise one body to serve as an undead minion for one hour

Rot and Rust - The Caster can cause equipment of one target to start to deteriorate depending
on the channelling time.

You tapped your finger on your chin thoughtfully as you looked down the list of stats and abilities, the broad concept was similar but you had gained several feats The Black Eye which suddenly made your intimidate skill less of a pathetic joke and your spell Rot and Rust had improved, before it had only affected one piece of equipment. The Merchants Favour feat was new and incredibly useful, having to no longer go down to the forest to try to find dead Goblins or Kobolds to be able to use your main spell. The wording on your Cloth and Flesh ability had also changed, now being able to affect players as well as monsters.

Nodding to yourself, you turned to survey your cave. A thin bedroll lay in one corner whilst your fire pit was under the crack in the cave ceiling that let the smoke filter out higher up the mountain. Decisively, you picked up the small cloth bag that contained your only possessions you spawned with, the shard of the invitation ring and the belt and sacrificial dagger which you buckled on. Taking a deep breath, you extended your hand and muttered the summoning incantation. Your tongue burned slightly with the power of the words as a small portal opened in the direction your hand was facing and a skeleton soldier stepped out. The skeleton clutched a simple short sword and wore a set of boiled leather armour.

It took all your dignity to not jump up and down in excitement, an actual minion with a weapon and armour! Compared to what you had been able to do before the latest update this was truly remarkable. Now, to go down the mountain to the forest floor or up the mountain to the higher plateaus. Either way you could gather resources, but both ways involved danger.

To then Forest? Or the Mountain?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)