More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gscmar64 gscmar64

Who Did I Rescue

A. J. Pratchett

I come too in an antiseptic smelling environment, blips and pings my ears. In my right arm a slight burning sensation just before my elbow. Looking down I see an needle connected to a long hose that’s connected to a hanging bag of clear fluid. Looking around I see a piece of rubber over the first finger up to the first knuckle, tracing the wire from it to a monitor showing heart rate 83, Blood pressure 130 over 85 and an oxygenation rate of 85.

Looking past the monitor I see a long white curtain pulled completely around my bed. By my left shoulder a button pinned to the side of the mattress, pressing it then a minute later the curtain is bunched and pulled back revealing a small oriental woman in a nurse’s uniform “Oh good you’re awake, I'll call the doctor!”

Before I can say anything she turns and walks out, returning a few minutes later with a young man in a long smock, a stethoscope around his neck. “Hello!, I’m Doctor Siggler, can you tell me roughly where you are?”

I try to speak but nothing comes out, Siggler hands me a glass of water, taking a sip I try again “I’m in a hospital!”

“Good and now a big one!’ Shining a beam of light into my eyes “Can you tell me your name?”

“A.J. Pratchett! Er I mean Amy Jean Pratchett!” for some reason I give my address also.

“Great! That will help the police when they are alerted that you’re awake!” Why would he say that then he makes it a bit clearer to me “Do you remember anything before you woke up here, anything at all about the accident?” his hands moving down my legs, not in a groping way, but not a gentle caress either.

“I was driving along Centre Drive in a fight with my father on my cellphone when I lost control and went through the barrier , hitting my head on the steering wheel then nothing until I woke here!” Looking to Siggler “How did I get here?”

“The way it was told to me a passerby heard the crash and went to see if he could help. He pulled you out of the car in the Merton River, waited until you were in the ambulance before leaving.” Stopping his examination by having me take deep breaths and hold it while he listened to my lungs. “Well it seems the only thing wrong was your blood sugar level was below normal!” taking a kit out, pricking my finger then placing a strip against the bubble of blood to test it. A half minute later “6.1 dead on the acceptable range of 5.0-7.2!”

Noting it on my chart “Well! Miss Pratchett i see no reason to hold you here unless you experiencing any kind of pain?” I shake my head to that “Then I’ll call the officer in the cafeteria and when he’s done with you you’re free to leave!” Moving to the door “Just do a follow up consultation with your family doctor if you feel any ill effects!”

Talking To The police

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)