More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Kougyoku Kougyoku

What do you ask Kotomine?

9,001 Questions

"So the holy grail exixts?" You start with the obvious. "Yes. Win the grail and it can grant you any wish you desire." Kotomine replies. "What do you mean about winning it?" You ask next. "Whenever the holy grail manifests itself, a contest of sorts is held for magi who wish to attain it. This is called the holy grail war. This is the firth such iteration of the war. Should you choose to participate, you would either have to destroy all the Servants or kill the other masters." Kotomine cooly says. "Fifth time!??" You ask in surprise. "What happened on the last one?" "The last one was just ten years ago, a true rarity for the Grail to appear in such a short period of time." Kotomine replies. "Ten... years.." You say. "Don't tell me..~!" You exclaim.

"Yes." Kotomine replies. "The last time the Grail was summoned, the winning Master chose to destroy the grail. That is the cause of the fire so many years ago." The scene from your past plays out clearly in your mind. You stagger through the burning rubble of what once was. The strength in your legs begins to fail you as the fire laps at your soul. You collapse, the gentle pelting of the rain splashing against your face. The world begins to dim, until a friendly face. That of your adoptive stepfather, Kiritsugu Emiya. He rescued and saved you on that very day, raised you, and imparted upon you the ideals of being a hero.

"No." You say. "Nobody should have to go through that again! I won't let it happen!" You shout, determination burning in your eyes and heart. "The grail can make that happen for you and more, Shirou. You can even put a stop to all in this world if that is your wish. But choosing to participate has its risks. I must ask you one question." Kotomine says. "What's that?" you reply. "Shirou, this is your last chance. If you do not wish to fight or kill anyone, then you may surrender your command seals to me as the overseer of this war. I give you my personal guarantee that you will be safe so long as you shelter in this church." Kotomine looks upon you with a grin, holding up his hand.

"Not a chance. I won't let anyone else get hurt!" You exclaim. "Then go. And rejoice, Shirou Emyia, for soon all your wishes shall be granted." Kotomine turns away . Looks like that's all the answers you're going to get from the priest. You walk out the door with Rin, meeting back up with Rider. "Looks like you chose to fight after all. I'll show you what a dumb decision that really was the next time we meet." Rin says. "But can't we still be friends and work together?" You ask, with a hopeful hand behind your head.

"Not a chance. I told you, we're enemies now. Rider can take you home. The next time we meet, don't call me your friend or I'll cut you down." Rin hmmphs and begins walking off in the distance. You raise your hand in an effort to try to get her to wait, but Rider stops you. "Let her go, Master. We still need to complete the contract and forge our own plans."

"Well, I guess you're right Rider. Let's go." You begin walking home, side by side with Rider.

What could Rider possibly mean by completing the contract?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)