More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NaughtyPixie NaughtyPixie

Whaaaaat?

[AUTHOR'S GUIDE - Genie Laws Explained]

We’ve put this together as a quick guide on how Jessica’s magic works. Though she is a ‘genie’, for the purposes of this story ‘genies’ have slightly different rules for their wish-granting powers than other depictions:

  • Jess is bound to the ring, and only grants the wishes of the person wearing it – ‘Genies’ in this universe are bound to objects – in Jess’s case, an emerald ring. It acts like a leash that allows the wearer to conduit her reality altering power. Unless the wearer wishes for it, she doesn’t get pulled into or summoned out of the ring like a traditional genie’s lamp – it just lets the wearer control her magic.
  • Jess can grant unlimited wishes – The wearer of the ring can make as many wishes as they desire.
  • Wishes are normally retroactive – Wishes that Jess grants are reality-altering, and become retroactively true the moment they are made. For example, if someone wishes for the sky to be pink – reality would adjust as though it had always been pink. Wishing that it wasn’t raining wouldn’t stop the rain abruptly (to the confusion of passers-by) but instead instantly make it as though the current rain had never started. – Basically this means no one but the wearer of the ring and Jess will ever notice the effects of a wish unless the wearer explicitly wishes for them to.
  • Jess’s mind is the only thing that can’t be affected – The only limit on the ring-wearer’s wishes is that they can’t directly affect Jess’s mind. She can have her behavior controlled, be compelled to speak, have her body modified and puppetted, or emotional compulsions and triggers wished upon her – but her thoughts and awareness cannot be affected.
  • There is no range on the ring – The wearer can be any distance away from Jess and she will still hear their wishes to grant them. This can even wake her up from sleep.
  • Jess has no control over the wishes she ‘grants’ – Her body just does it, in an often involuntarily rush of spontaneous sexual heat. She otherwise has no access to her magic or wish-granting abilities herself. She doesn't even necessarily need to know the context of a wish to grant it: wishes will in most cases line up perfectly with the ring-bearer's desires.
  • Jess can only refer to the wearer of the ring as ‘Master’ or ‘Mistress’ – No matter what else she tries to call them, she will always refer to them as Master or Mistress when she speaks or tries to write their name. Regardless of context, whenever this happens everyone but Jess and the wearer of the ring will ‘hear’ her say the name normally. If they desire, the ring-bearer can use a wish to change the title she calls them, or remove the restriction entirely, but if another person were to somehow claim the ring Jess would go back to using the default 'Master/Mistress' for the new wearer.
  • Jess cannot tell anyone that she is a genie without the ring-wearer’s permission – As long as someone is wearing the ring, it is impossible for Jess to tell anyone that she is a genie unless the person wearing the ring gives her permission to. She may find herself incapable of speech at all, or that her words come out in an entirely different sentence – either way she is magically compelled to keep the secret.
  • Freeing Jess from her binding would have dire consequences - Though Jess could be 'wished' free from her binding to the ring, an unbound genie would attract the attention of 'the Masters' - extra-planar beings from another world that enslave genies; something Jess's mother is trying to protect her from.

Note that these rules are not inherent knowledge or magically bestowed to either Jess or the ring-bearer: they must either be told about them by someone who does know or discover them through experience. Or the ring-bearer can just wish to know them, but honestly where's the fun in that?

And those are all the rules. Enjoy the story!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)