More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Fiftyfiftyfifty Fiftyfiftyfifty

What do you want to read?

(Lore!)

WE NOW HAVE A WIKI! Well, it's not literally on Wikipedia, but we have an external site to function as a reference for lore across all stories in this setting. It's still being filled out, but it'll eventually replace this page.


Welcome to the lore section for Absoterra. What is the setting? It's a fantasy world made to fulfil your fantasies. Most people in the world refer to it as Abso for short. Continue reading this page to explore information about kingdoms, towns, races, and more. This page is technically a spoiler for stories such as YPoHH, but only in terms of learning about certain things before your character normally would. There are no story spoilers here.

This page will be updated slowly over time. Check back whenever you wish.

(Click here for full resolution image.)

Nations

Empire of Tivera
A culturally mixed land of many races and people. Much of the YPoHH story takes place here. It's currently led by Queen Catherine II. People tend to be pretty liberal. Though outfits on Earth certainly can be skimpy, people in Tivera tend to dress in cute, sexy outfits most of the time. There is a line they draw, though it's definitely drawn farther than one might be used to if from another world. That isn't to say everybody is easy. It's just a cultural difference. The most common races found here are humans, elves, bunnyfolk, catfolk, dwarves, and gnomes.

Kingdom of Varat
Unlike the former, this nation is incredibly conservative, all because of the Church of Lasis and its strict commandments. Anything other than heterosexuality is shamed, laying with another before marriage is as well, and people are encouraged to cover up their bodies much more. Not every resident follows their rules, though they're certainly oppressed if they don't. These practices are deeply rooted into the kingdom's politics. To get to Varat from Tivera, one must travel far north.

Oraang Desert
Miles of rolling sand dunes are where the Sunhearts reside. Some are nomadic, while others live within cities strategically built where they're actually able to obtain food and water. It's a hot land, meaning the people there also dress in lighter clothing. Though they aren't unwelcome to outsiders, not many head their way, except when the Golden Sword tournament is hosted each year. People gather to watch strong fighters do battle.

Settlements

Avana
A city in Tivera. This is where the YPoHH story begins. Though it isn't the capital, it's still rather large for a city of the era. Dragonhide Manor, just one of several large, beautiful homes, was built there long ago. The Relestel family resides here as well.

Tolis
The capital city of Tivera. This is the largest settlement in the Empire, and it's where the queen resides. There's a lovely beach all along the coast, and the docks here do trade with Varat and other places. The city resides by the ocean which allows for easy travel and trade.

Brumberg
A small town in Tivera. It's quaint, with dirt roads and small homes, but it's colourful and charming. A little ways north of the town is a ruined fort resembling a small castle which was used long ago, but has been abandoned ever since. Or is it?

Nichonia
A small town in Tivera. It has a small population of mostly farmers and simple commoners. Most people who arrive only pass straight through and continue their journey. Though, there's an incredibly strange dungeon nearby called the ERO (Extremely Risky Obstacles) Dungeon. None who have entered have ever returned. In reality, it's a powerful dungeon with a bizarre control of space and time. It warps and changes, and time within can be rewound.

Species

Humans
The most ordinary but populated race in the world. They come in all shapes and sizes. Despite them not excelling in any one specific area, they run some of the most successful and bustling cities around.

Elves
They are fair-skinned, graceful, and attractive people with long pointed ears and innate connection to magic. Their eyes are incredibly sharp and they have keen hearing as well. Most elves know their own tongue of Elvish even if the common tongue made by humans is used more often, and it's because of how their language and also their mind works that leads them to speaking in a distinct manner. It's rare for an elf to speak with contractions, and other quirks lead them to sounding respectful and proper at all times, even if they aren't. To an elf, using one's first name is considered intimate, though certain exceptions are made, such as when speaking to someone who lacks a surname.

Dwarves
Short, sturdy, and strong, dwarves are most often seen under the surface of the world or within the mountains. Some venture out to the surface, however. They have an innate connection to the land, and their eyes are incredibly effective in the dark.

Bunnyfolk
These creatures have the ears of a rabbit, as well as the tail. They otherwise look very similar to humans. Nothing beats the hearing of a bunnyfolk either, and they excel in jumping power. They can occasionally share other similarities with rabbits, such as a love for vegetables. They also tend to have a distaste for catfolk due to drama between their kind in the past.

Sunhearts
Though similar to humans, most consider them enough of a deviation to be separate. They roam the Oraang Desert for the most part, though the occasional one can be found elsewhere. Sunhearts have dark skin, red eyes, and are resilient against both cold and hot weather due to their life in a brutal climate of both. Some sunhearts are chosen to undergo what's known as the Rite of the Sun, where they're given a special mark somewhere on their body that grants them a magical power, but at the same time, turns that spot into their weak point.

Catfolk
These cat-like humanoids have feline ears atop their head and a tail to match. Their nails are hardy like claws, and they move with grace, excelling at landing from far heights. Some are known to freeze up when their tail is grabbed, though this doesn't seem to effect them all. Others also share other similarities with cats, whether that means they like to cuddle, or enjoy playing with yarn. Catfolk also tend to have a distaste for bunnyfolk due to drama between their kind in the past.

Gnomes
Even smaller than dwarves, these tiny people aren't often found in large numbers within human cities, but when they are, they're normally working with somebody taller. It's not easy to live when everyone else is much larger than yourself, so they either reside within their own communities or travel with others. Gnomes can also be rather mischievous.

Devils
Hailing from another plane of existence known as the Realm of Hellfire, devils have bright red skin, horns, and a spaded tail which is incredibly sensitive. They're hot to the touch, and fire does little to effect them. They also possess the ability to disappear into a plume of black smoke and reappear in a nearby space. Due to many nasty things their people have done in the past, and the fact that they rarely venture out of their realm unless summoned for something nefarious, people rarely trust devils. They aren't kill-on-sight, but people will often either avoid a devil they see or outright it on the street. There are plenty of devious devils, but there are also many that are kind.

Succubi
These demons have grey skin, horns, and a tiny pair of wings. They also tend to only care about pleasure, namely their own, but they do feed off the pleasure of others as well. They're beings of eroticism that are infamous for seducing men and women alike. For some, it's a memorable experience. For others, it's . It depends on the succubus. The chaos of their demonic blood grants most succubi one random special power as well, and the rare, dangerous high succubi have multiple.

Insectrin
Years ago, Demon King Beeza was slain, but his creations continue to live on to find their own purpose. His creation was a race of insect-like humanoids to serve him. There are a few different sub-types of insectrin such as bombyx, which are moth people, and bombus, which are like bees. The former has a sensitive body and are not all that strong, though are able to fly, and excel in ranged attacks--sharp aim, and an innate connection to magic.

Pixies
Standing at 6 inches tall at the very most, these tiny winged girls are usually found deep within forests. They live in small villages within plants and trees. They're naturally mischievous, and possess the natural ability to product magic powder to do a number of things, from granting somebody flight, to putting someone to sleep. Though they have the anatomy of a human girl, they don't actually reproduce. They're born from flowers.

Dryads
These creatures resemble human females, though their flesh resembles either wood or compact leaves. They're beings of absolute nature, which none of them looking the same. Their bodies resemble trees, flowers, and other plants. They also possess the ability to step into a tree and reemerge out of another nearby, but they can never stray too far from a tree, meaning it's near impossible for them to leave a forest.

Harpies
The reason why all harpies are women is because they don't reproduce. More harpies are made by bringing a woman to an orgasm and then performing a special ritual. A harpy has wings instead of arms, and therefore must do everything with their talon feet instead. They almost always live in groups and are close with one another. However, many of them are territorial and dangerous--attacking people on the road, and sometimes even stealing away women to turn into more harpies.

Magic

There are various applications of magic. The most common one is known as a spell. Most of the time, it takes a gesture, magic words, and enough mana to cast a specific spell, and their functions vary wildly. People normally learn magic by levelling up, but knowing what spells exist and how to perform them is important. The weight of such importance depends on the class and the spell. They also all fit into a category of school. The potency of a spell can be improved by using some form of focus, like a staff or a wand.

Another application of magic is an enchanted item (not be be confused by the school of enchantment). This ranges from an axe that can burst into flames to a helmet that allows the wearer to turn invisible. It takes a lot of skill, know-how, and time to craft a magic item, so they're not all that common to find. Only the most skilled craftsmen in the world can make them properly.

Magic can also come in the form of innate powers, usually found in monsters.

Religions

There are various deities people pray to, and the evidence of them existing ranges between them. For example, the God of Adventuring is the entire reason classes and levels exist. It's known as a fundamental part of the world. Clerics receive their power from their deity of choice as well. It is likely that most of them exist, but the odds of every deity people speak of being real is low.

Goa
The God of Adventuring governs the fundamental in the universe that distributes levels and manages classes. Nobody has been able to discover the intricate details of this , though some say if one could harness the power for themselves, they could theoretically craft a person into the ultimate class.

Gol
The God of Life is the deity for all those that seek power to heal others, and to protect those in need.

Lasis
The Kingdom of Varat exclusively worships this god of purity, light, and good fortune. The Church is Lasis is strict and prudish, and some would say dangerously oppressive.

Points of Interest

Cackling Woods
To the west of the road between Avana and Tolis, there lies a small forest infamous for being difficult to pass through. This is due to the population of pixies inside. Their mischief makes it a nightmare for adventures, even if they're not deadly in nature.

That's it for now.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)