More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

"You Can Do It In Your Bra And Pants !"

Debbi spun her car lazily into the makeshift lakeside car park next to the ramshackle boating shed which housed the jet skis. It was a warm, sunny summer evening and Debbi could think of better ways to spend it than watching her colleagues careening over a lake on hired jet skis. Still, she consoled herself with the thought that she could soon make her getaway. She spotted them easily enough. Her ten strong team of six guys and four women made a curious sight in their unfamiliar hired wet suits. Debbi grinned. Some had the body for it but others most definitely did not ! But they all seemed happy enough to be entering into the spirit of the evening.

Debbi spotted her boss Jeff who was the only other one not kitted out. She knew he had recently had a procedure on his back and was still in rehab. She made her way languidly over to him. "Oh, there you are Deb. Hurry up and get ready, we've all been hanging around waiting for you so we can get started." "You shouldn't have bothered Jeff, I'm not staying. I just thought I'd better show my face before heading home. It was a long day !" Jeff's expression changed. "Hmmm. I don't think that's really good enough for a team leader, do you Debbi ?" She immediately noticed the change in tone and in the form of address. She was normally "Deb". But when he was displeased, Jeff always referred to her as "Debbi".

She decided to play her ace. "Well, I can hang around for a while to watch but I don't have a wet suit, so can't take any part." Jeff remained disappointed. "That's still not really the spirit I was hoping for is it ? A team leader's supposed to lead, especially on a team building exercise. But instead of integrating, you seem set on standing apart." Debbi flushed at the harsh rebuke. Her assistant Carol had been hovering close by, observing this mini drama. She now stepped in.

"I know what Deb. You can ride out there in your bra and pants. Nobody will mind. We're all broad minded and it's a warm enough evening." Debbi laughed awkwardly, trying to brush off the suggestion, but Jeff seized on the idea. "I think that sounds just the solution, thank you so much Carol" he cried enthusiastically. "Jeff, I can't parade around in front of everyone in my knickers" objected Debbi. "You should have prepared better then shouldn't you Debbi ?" he replied, once more emphasising the name. He whispered "Remember, the annual reviews are coming up." Then more loudly. "You can slip out of your things in your car but hurry up, we've waited long enough."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)