More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ulap38 Ulap38

Which god/goddess will you focus on? Who is he/she in this modern world?

Zeus, corporate CEO

The world knew him as Raymond Karras, CEO of Olympus Unlimited, a powerful international conglomerate that provided various services across the globes. Technology, designer goods, food products, transportation, Olympus Unlimited had its hand in just about every industry to one extent or another. Raymond was one of the richest men on the planet, frequently appearing in the Forbes 500, and commanded significant influence in the power centers of the world, bumping shoulders with several influential world leaders. Despite being in his early 50's, he was also known to be something of a heartthrob, often called the Corporate Silver Fox in women's magazines, much to the annoyance of his wife, Samantha, even though she herself was often the subject of admiration in similar men's columns.

In truth however, there was more to Raymond Karras than the world knew. He was all of what they thought, and much more. He was also the reincarnation of the Greek god, Zeus, reborn into an era that thought him and his kind to be little more than beings of mythology. This suited Zeus just fine. Growing up as a human, he had gradually regained his past memories, but also find his own personality somewhat tempered by the realities of this age and the sensibilities of his new perspective. Monotheistic religions, with the exception of lands such as India, ruled the world now. To openly proclaim himself a god now would be utter foolishness that would only invite his premature destruction. While part of him longed to rule openly as he once did, he was no fool. No, there were other means to gain power in this new world.

He came to learn that it was often not the king, but the kingmaker who reigned supreme now. One of the greatest of all kingmakers was the phenomenon known as corporations. This giant bastions of industry commanded great power indeed, and through his natural leadership abilities, Zeus imagined he too could gain power befitting a king in this manner. The back of his empire was built using ancient knowledge of priceless antiquities of Ancient Greece that had been lost to mortals for ages. With the wealth gained from selling them, he invested that wealth into various businesses. With the patience of an immortal Zeus had built Olympus Unlimited from a corporate upstart into one of the world's most prosperous. Keeping this power would not be easy however.

He had made it a point to discreetly search for others like him, and had found several. Some accepted employment and resumed their service to their former king, others now had freedom apart from him that they had never had before, and had no intentions of giving it up. While this was irksome, they at least were not flagrant with their immortal gifts. Then again, if they were, Zeus would have but to find a more permanent solution to the problem.

"Mr. Karras?"

The voice came through his intercom. It was his secretary, Bonita Velasquez. An absolute beauty of a woman who under normal circumstances Zeus would not have hesitated to share his bed with. Unfortunately she was a hundred percent gay, and had no interest in men at all. It didn't surprise him, it was his wife who had recommended her after all. Still, Bonita was highly competent and Zeus depended on her a great deal regarding many mundane matters that bored him nearly to tears.

"Yes, Ms. Velasquez?"

"You have a visitor, sir."

Who is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)