More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ulap38 Ulap38

Who is it?

Hera, Vice President

"It's Mrs. Karras, sir."

Zeus felt a twinge in his stomach that he got whenever thinking about his wife, and the second-most powerful figure in the company, perhaps even more than he himself at times. His feelings toward her were always mixed. He wondered what brought her to his office this time. It varied from one end of the spectrum to another. She could want to discuss business, she was still his queen after all and took a great part in his rule, now more than ever. Perhaps she was in a good mood and wanted to surprise him with a romp in his office (It didn't happen often, but it was possible). Perhaps she wanted to berate him for being seen with "some slut" at a public function. He knew her better than anyone, and he still couldn't predict her actions to save his life. Plus if she got out of hand he couldn't cow her with sheer godly fury anymore. In this day and age it was brains as much as anything that gained you power, and few truly rivaled Hera's cunning. In fact, when Zeus sought out his reborn fellows, he found himself shocked to discover he already knew her..and that she had been playing him for months.

Celia Dobson, as far as he had known, was just an intelligent and ambitious executive who made his company a lot of money through ruthless, but legal methods. He recognized her talent and promoted her several times. Plus she was..compelling. Her zeal to succeed and rise as far as she could through her own ability attracted him. Plus he couldn't deny that she was a beauty. She was in her early fifties, but didn't look it. She had beautiful brunette hair that had yet to turn gray. She took care of herself, thin but not waifish, with enough curves to make men half her age stop and admire. She had become his lover, one of several admittedly, but she was the only one he considered an equal. However, as she rose further and further in the company, he began to realize how he had been deceived.

Celia had been currying support from elements in Olympus Unlimited who were not pleased with Zeus' near-monolithic control at the top of the company. Before he knew it she had gained enough power where if had considered firing her, he would have faced backlash from multiple sectors and would have damaged his bottom line for years to come. It was then than Celia smugly revealed to him that she was in fact his former wife, Hera. She had known who he was for some time, and had resolved that she would not play second-fiddle to him in the new order, hence her long-running scheme to obtain power in the company. However, even after all this time she was still fixated on Zeus, still wanted him, perhaps even loved in her own crazy way. She wanted to be his wife once more, and challenged Zeus to try and accept a wife who was now equal rather than his subordinate.

As had often been the case, he was both infuriated and, he hated to admit it, impressed with her. When a man chooses a wife, a companion as opposed to a piece of ass, he wants someone who appeals to that best part of him and makes him feel good. Hera..wasn't really that, but if she didn't fascinate him more than any other woman in world. They say in this age "Don't stick your dick in crazy", but sometimes crazy was the best kind of woman. Plus he always did like a challenge. He agreed, and married her. This stabilized the potential schism in the company, though sometimes Zeus still wondered if he let his libido do the thinking when he really shouldn't have.

"Send her in, Bonita.

The doors opened and Hera walked in the door. She was wearing a stylish business suit and skirt, looking every bit the high-powered executive she was.

"We need to talk," was all she said.

As the doors shut, Zeus replied, "Yes, Hera?"

What does Hera want to talk about?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)