More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SingingLark SingingLark

What do you pick?

Yuliana Moonwhisper, the high elf

For you the choice didn't come easily at all. There obviously wasn't any streamers showcasing their experience with 'The Realms' yet, no online guides, and the forums were filled with junk suggestions. This wasn't the first game you picked for this studio, before you played 'Iron Gauntlet', a high fantasy fighting game.

"Damn, but this dwarf looks bad ass" you mumble as you hover your hand over your first choice. The text that came up promised heavy weapons and armor, opportunity to craft your own stuff.... "This is Iron Gauntlet all over again. No fucking way." It had been the exact same thing before. Steadily build attack, defense, but then some weird race X class combination trumped your build, adding hidden multipliers in such a broken way that others couldn't hope to reach.

High Elves are the oldest of the races, often viewed as more magical then mortal. Gracious in every aspect, their elegant swordplay and refined wizardry is often considered beyond the reach of lesser races. Admired by every other being, elves are often looked upon for guidance and salvation whenever things are darkest. You have keen senses, elvish grace and affinity with magic. High elves only get three points to distribute per level, but also gain +1 Agility, +1 Senses and +1 Intuition. Elvish women are famous for their beauty and gain +1 Attractiveness per level.

"hm, that is Seven points" More than the others you have seen. Attractiveness didn't sound a very useful attribute to pile up, usually it would be a dump together with most of your mental stats, but you have a feeling you will find some weapon technique or spell that will give you a bonus based on them. Sure that you are outsmarting the Devs, you move on to appearance customization.

"Heh" you slide your bust size all the way to the right, but then remember the multiple comments about this game's realism. Those big jugs seem awfully unbalanced, would they have some impact on your game play? you decide against it and moderate your choice, and work on the customization until you have a graceful elf female.

Finally you pick _'Yuliana Moonwhisper' _for your character name. It sounded very elvish.

As soon as you mentally finalize your choices on the character creation interface, a voice sounds all around you and once again, everything goes black.

The Chosen has chosen; may his path be true.

The blackness is suddenly replaced by a rainbow of colors, almost as if you were in the middle of a Thor movie. You are blinded by the kaleidoscopic effect, but your hands refuse to shield your eyes, your throat refuses to scream. What the fuck is happening? You feel like an idiot for signing all those legal documents, but swore to yourself you would still sue their asses off if you somehow survived it.

Where are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)