More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dracone dracone

Which Protagonist Do you Wish to Follow?

Yulethiarnia, the Unusual Dragoness

Yulethiarnia found herself hollowing out a new lair, again. Her last lair was practically stolen from her by a mated pair of dragons. Yuletharnia was from a variant of monster between dragon and demon, they were physically superior to most demons but usually physically weaker than most dragons. Her kind were known as one of the rarest dragon variants, a type of monster that is always female and typically mates with dragons when they go into heat. The last time Yuletharnia had mated was well over three centuries ago, and her kind has heat flare-ups every century that usually lasted anywhere between two and four decades.

As you could probably imagine, Yulethiarnia usually went crazy during her heat spells sexually frustrated, much as she was now. The dragons that kicked her out of her own lair didn’t even want to have a little sexual fun with her, the dicks, and what made things worse was that her heat cycle had started up almost a whole year prior.

Yuletharnia’s typical height was usually 30 feet, maybe 45 if she pushed her size-altering ability to its maximum limit, but she actually preferred being closer to human size. The type of dragon she happens to be is more magically talented than other types of dragons.

This inclination of hers was actually to her benefit with the formation of this new lair, her prior lair (which had been commandeered by a mated pair) had been a natural cavern she had only slightly tweaked. She made it so that the entrance to what would become her new lair only had its passageways be something that a creature under ten feet could enter without too much difficulty, she also arranged the passage in such a way that it anything bigger than the average rat to be to enter the chambers beyond one by one. She had always been more security-minded, but this time she was forming the entire lair, from its passageways to well-beyond its chambers, literally from the ground up.

Thankfully, not all of her hoard had been pilfered by the dragons that stole her last home from her, Yuletharnia had the good sense to hide a few small portions of her hoard, mainly items she didn’t want to be stolen out from within the bounds of her prior lair, now she had to recover those items after she was done forming the chambers of her new lair, which would hopefully last as her home longer than the previous one. The real problem would be recalling where everything was and unearthing it, she had used magic to basically sink the treasure deep into the rocks of various cliffs in such a way that the materials of the treasure would be magically fused to the surrounding rock if you didn’t use the right magical approach to pull any of it out from the stone it was buried in.

Unlike most of her kin, Yulethiarnia was still able to keep a mostly reasonable mind when being bombarded by the forces of her estrus cycle, a major contributing factor was likely has something to do with having experience with literally going through entire cycles, which usually last a score at the very least and almost a century at most, with no partners to indulge her sexual needs. Or maybe it had to do with something about her being far more cognitively capable than most other dragons of her kind, she had always been more mentally capable than the rest of her kind.

Yulethiarnia’s kind is unique among dragons in that their natural figure is humanoid, and they are also all-female with pronounced bosom. That said, they are technically part of a subset of dragons that are between dragon and fiend. This subset is known as demonic dragons, but Yuletharnia’s kind doesn’t show the usual signs of being a demonic dragon beyond a nonstandard natural state and natural affinity for magics not usually seen among dragons.

The usual go-to for a demonic dragon is the mythical Vritra, a monster of immense size that brings a shiver to everyone about when it’s just mentioned. Thankfully, that monster is sealed away in the deepest part of the world, into an eternal slumber due to the fact that even gods have no ability to kill it. The Vritra size isn’t the problem, it’s the creature’s appetite. The Vritra is described as a massive serpentine demonic dragon so big that it can coil its body around mountains. But what makes it absolutely terrifying is that it has a hunger so great it is considered the greatest embodiment of gluttony, its hunger is so great that it will basically devour all of creation if it isn’t stopped. Thankfully, the creature was stopped long before the current historical record, and tales of its imprisonment were some of the earliest recorded myths.

Of course, Yuletharnia’s kind wasn’t anything that , the best way they could be described is fragments of lust. It is said that the ancestors of all current demonic dragons were hatched from dragon eggs that were greatly affected by the 7 Devil Dragons of Sin. Yuletharnia’s kind was said to be birthed from eggs that were believed to be saturated by the Devil Dragon of Lust, Jezelthinabelletharsa. She was not quite as physically powerful as the other Devil Dragons, but she more than made up for it by being mentally superior to them. While the others ruled with power that put fear and awe in their followers, she ruled with guile and wit. She is known as one of the greatest manipulators in all of mythology, but much like the other Devil Dragons, she was sealed away by some ancient magic and had her place of confinement hidden from all that would seek her out.

Even with all of this, the immense power that each of Devil Dragons exudes was able to leak out into the world, affecting and sometimes corrupting parts of it. But when that power finds a dragon it can cause a magical mutation to make that dragon similar to the one the magic is bleeding out of, but in the case of dragon eggs, the infant is still developing so the power seeping in melds with the developing infant and causes the two powers to better amalgamate to the point a different sort of dragon is made. Most of these demonic dragons, especially the more matured ones that mutated due to the fiendish energies of a Devil Dragon, are hunted down by mortals as targets to be slain. However, that is less of a case for Yuletharnia’s kin, mostly because they don’t go around as an external threat for the mortals, the more ambitious of her kind have been known to cause internal strife but what they do is often chalked up to the more tricksy demons than a demonic dragon.

How Do Things Go From Here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)