More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by reader230 reader230

Who is it?

Your Escorts

You look up to see a brute of a man standing in the doorway, tall and strong, he is flanked by several other warriors of equal stature, clothed in full plate bearing your Uncle's seal.

Scoffing you say with animosity, "What are you ruffians doing here? Shouldn't you be out on the highways terrorizing defenseless pilgrims and monks?"

Frowning with disgust, the big man strokes his beard before he replies, "The name's Rollo and I have been charged with ensuring you follow your Uncle's orders... based on your..." Staring at the wine goblet on the floor he smiles as he teases, "...little tantrum... we think you may need some convincing..."

With anger you snarl, "So let me get this straight... my uncle not only steals my throne and plunges our kingdom into chaos... but now that Princess Shabana is gathering troops to invade us on our border he needs me to clean up his mess?"

"Orders are orders John... now are you going to come with us... or do I need to be a bit more... forceful..." he replies, his warriors surrounding you in the chamber.

"No, I will do my duty to protect our realm... as usual..." You reply, knowing that at least being in command will give you an opportunity to strike back at your uncle. But as you dress you wonder what his plan is... no way would he let you take a command without a plan to dispatch you...

Strapping on your armor you remember your last encounter with Shabana... your father had defeated her kingdom in battle recently, taking over her realm's only port city. Your Uncle, on campaign at the end with his mercenaries, was a pure opportunist. He sacked and terrorized the capital city as you and your father defeated their armies in outskirts. Frederick was known for and stealing from the people.... and it was a bloody affair, leaving strong animosity between the two realms despite you and your father waging the war with honor.

Dressed and ready to go, you take to the road with your... company... and head to your Army to take command.... wondering if anything will befall you on the way.

What happens next? Do you make it to your Army?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)