More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by thtiger thtiger

What was the message?

You were broken, but don't worry, we've fixed you.

I don’t really have to cover what the aliens told the world. How after discovering our race they had taken steps to make sure we didn’t destroy ourselves, or pose a threat to the grown-ups in the rest of the galaxy. If you don’t already know you likely don’t have the smarts to read this.

I remember that we were all greatly relieved at the assurance that this did not involve an armed invasion or the overthrow of our civilization.

Well, most of us. I’m sure some back-wood militia types were salivating at the idea of mounting a last ditch war of attrition against the bug eyed aliens.

Instead of using to change our way, the aliens had decided to play Santa Claus and give us gifts that would make us so happy we wouldn’t be inclined to spoil the party.

I’m sure that like me everyone reacted with joy at the news that cancer and infectious diseases were no longer something anyone had to worry about. I don’t know about you, but I lost my Grandpa to cancer, and my aunt was looking down the barrel of the same gun when the aliens showed up.

It only took twenty four hours before reports began to come in of cancers going into remission and people suffering from serious infections getting a clean bill of health with no trace of the disease left in their body.

The regenerative properties the aliens promised took a bit longer to manifest, but within a week older people were starting to see dark roots at the base of their graying hair. How extensive the end results would be would take some time to determine. The aliens had promised that within ten years every mature human on earth would be in their physical prime, appearing somewhere between eighteen or thirty depending on their body build and base genetics.

A large number of people were skeptical of that. They predicted that it was all smoke and mirrors and the promised fountain of youth effect was just bait to lure us into accepting our new alien overlords. “Just you wait,” they said. “There will be a catch.”

Their accusations were a bit undermined by the fact the aliens put no conditions on the benefit package. We could do whatever we wanted. Blockade the planet, mount nuclear weapons in space to hold off the coming invasion, they didn’t care. They’d already done what they had set out to do. Derailed our path to extinction and assuring that when we eventually joined the wilder society of races out in the galaxy we would be a valued addition, and not a charity case.

They did say that a few observers would be placed on earth. They would have no authority, but would be able to answer questions from the people they interacted with. It was hinted, rather strongly that this was a bit of a test. The observers would have no guards, no protections, how they were treated would be part of the data to be accumulated over the period between now and when we mastered faster than light travel.

Within hours word came down from on high that any directed against the observers would be considered an act of treason toward the human race. And punished accordingly.

Anyway, instead of rehashing things you likely know better than I do it might be better to touch on the factors that most affected my life after the aliens activated the nanites they had infused into our bodies over a generation. Considering I’m just a few months short of nineteen I’m sure you’ll understand that it was the part of the announcement dealing with sex that impacted my life the strongest.

The biggest revelation was that the introduction of male sperm into the female body would cause the male nanites to interact with the female nanites to create feelings of euphoria and infatuation in the female toward the sperm donor lasting anywhere from twenty four to forty eight hours.

Sperm from another male during that period would have no effect on the female in question. There were no addictive properties and once the effect wore off the female would be free to seek a similar high from a male more to her taste if she was not pleased with the first one. Or to not indulge at all if that was her choice.

The aliens did not answer any questions. So it was left to some humans to speculate how this would play out in regards to . Would a victim fall deeply in love with her ? Would such a feeling persist for as long as he fed her sperm every twenty four hours? How did this affect free-will on the part of the female population when the only protection from such an occurrence was to already be under the influence of a man? Were females going to have to have a male protector who granted them immunity from random males mind-controlling them via ?

What the aliens did say was that since the nanites had eliminated sexually transmitted disease and given control of their fertility to females, it was hoped that a great deal of the day to day stress of human life could be greatly reduced by willing interaction between the sexes. That seemed to imply that there was some regulatory factor in regards to unwilling interaction. But could females afford to take a chance on that?

Who am I?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)