More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Veiled Veiled

Tell her what you saw?

Yes

It was hard to know what to do, based on what you’d seen. You had no interest in dredging up ancient history, and yet it seemed like this old rivalry had shown up out of the blue. There was a part of you that wanted to keep Katie out of it completely. Your old hatred of Brian had nothing to with her. And yet, something gave you pause. Marriages are based on trust and openness. You decide that you need to tell her. “Well, actually, I did see something kind of interesting… It looks like a guy I used to go to high school with is moving I’m down the road.” You said, being a little vague on details. Katie smiled widely. “Oh that’s great! Some old friend of yours? What’s their name?” She asked, seeming to think this was a good thing.

“Oh, his name is Brian. And- I wouldn’t really say that friend is the right word. We didn’t really get along very well back then.” You told her, still keeping the description vague. You didn’t relish the idea of admitting Brian was your bully back then. “Oh… I’m sorry to hear that. But that was, what, ten years ago? Think about how much can change over that time! Maybe you guys could turn over a new leaf?” She asked, encouraging you to try to forget the past and move forward in spite of the past bad blood. You sighed. She was very naive, to think that things from years ago could be forgotten so easily. And yet, when she stared at you with that hopeful and expectant gaze, you almost felt like maybe you could just forget all the wrongs that had been done to you.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)