More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tython Tython

"Oh, that? That, sir, is a...

Yes Ring

"A ring that will enchant those strong the wearer." He speaks with such confidence. The ring was gold with what looked like check marks across the band.

"Alright, I'll bite." I shrug. "What does the enchantment do to others?" I ask incredulously.

"People will answer yes to anything you ask. And they'll mean it, believing they genuinely *want* to say yes to you."

I chuckle a bit. "That sounds dangerous in the wrong hands."

"Yes, it would."

"So i just wear it and people will agree to anything i ask?" I turn the ring over on my palm, more than a little intrigued.

"Well, yes and no." The shady guy explains. "It needs to be a yes or no question, and it needs to be a request. Like, will you give me $100? They'd say yes, then give you the money. And they'd believe they genuinely wanted to do so. Or if you want to confirm a suspicion. Did you steal my cookie? If they did, they'll be compelled to confess. But if they didn't they'll answer as they normally would."

"Interesting." I slip the ring on, but I don't feel anything change. "How do I know it works?"

"Ask someone a yes or no question, of course." I could hear the eye roll in his tone.

"Alright." I shrug. "Thanks for the free ring if it's bullshit."

"It's been a pleasure." And with that, the van door slid closed, he rolled up the window, and then he drove away.

I look at the ring on my finger. *If it's real gold, it's not a total loss.* I think to myself. I carry on with my walk, thinking of how I'm gonna treat it out or on whom.

Who's your first test subject?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)