More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 13 by porneia porneia

Do you save your date from further mockery?

Yes, throw down a little knowledge yourself.

Kyle takes off her necklace and holds it next to the tacky green jeweled piece. “I thought the gold looked similar, I guess I'm wrong.” She admits.

“The history of that piece is actually quite fascinating.” You interject as Decar is about to speak, giving your date some cover. “The notorious occultist Aleister Crowley originally owned it and claimed the gem was a meteor John Dee found just before his in 1608. Crowley argued it was made out of a unique magical element and even got the noted physicist Henry Moseley to test it. Moseley quickly dismissed Crowley's finding as mere glass. Crowley angrily rejected Moseley's conclusion and went to his grave never again being able to find any other reputable scientist to prove his crazy story. So as a gem, or a piece of art, it might not be valuable, but would its history add to its worth?”

“Hmpt.” Decar grumbles, “Maybe a few hundred dollars at best.”

“You would be surprised what people are willing to pay for.” Kyle answers.

A loud crash, strange hisses and ear-grating scratching sounds abruptly ends all conversations.

Decar nearly screams while Pops puts his hand on his pistol's grip as all attention turns to a small barred widow near the table.

Instinctively you move between your date and the sound trying to see what is the commotion.

What, or who, do you focus on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)