More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 14 by porneia porneia

What, or who, do you focus on?

The sound.

You are the first to move towards the window. A large all black Seal Point Siamese cat is frantically scratching away at the window, its long claws making a horrible sound, like nails against a chalkboard. Nearby a top of a exhaust vent lies next to window, most likely the cause of the loud crashing sound, probably knocked over by the cat.

The feline with an elongated Egyptian like face angrily hisses at you. on the window you command “Get!” The animal vivaciously goes to a crouch position and shows its teeth, as if it is going to leap through the glass and tear at your face. It then looks beyond you and runs away into the night.

“That was strange.” You comment searching about through the window.

“That stupid beast has been prowling about the last few nights.” Decar grumbles. “Office Lieber, can't you kill it or something?”

“Your necklace.” Kyle coldly interrupts, shoving the jewelry in the Exhibitions Manager's face.

Walking over to you your date thanks you, and only you, for the tour. “I'm starved.” The gorgeous Gothamite announces, “Up for that burger now?”

“Sure.” You nod, pleased to leave Decar to her work.

“Thanks for keeping an eye on me.” Kyle gives a light brush of Pops' elbow.

“Anytime.” He grins and falls in behind the two of you as you head to the elevator.

“What happen to my ID?” You hear Decar from behind you as she inquires of one of the staff. “It was just on my jacket. And my watch is gone!”

Once on the main floor Kyle states that she needs to use the ladies room. After using the facilities yourself you wait in the lobby. Five, ten and then fifteen minutes pass. At the twenty minute mark you ask the young girl, Suzie, who works in the gift store to see if Ms. Kyle is okay.

Suzie soon returns and tells you the women's bathroom is empty.

What do you do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)