More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 268 by voidcaller17 voidcaller17

Does She Answer?

Yes, And She's Pissed

I tuck my boots, claws, and horns away. Afterward, I take out the paper with the magic circle Gaia gave me. Then I set it down on the ground. I pour her blood from the vial on it. It lights up and sends a beam of light into the sky. The paper burns up and the light beam disappears with it. Once it's gone I look around. I don't see or sense anything out of the ordinary. I start to think it didn't work when Clairvoyance activates. I see an image of myself getting knocked down, face first into the ground. There's a shadowy hand behind me, holding a blade an inch away from my skull. I can't see any more of the shadow aside from their hand. I turn around while taking out my Dark Weapon. I cut the air where my attacker would be. I feel a gust of wind as I see a figure back off. The wind is no more than a strong breeze. I look at them and see a short woman crouched a few feet away. It's hard to determine her height, but she can't be more than five feet tall. She's wearing a white robe that's tied around her. It covers her chest, hips, and thighs before ending a few inches above her knees. She has a short sword in her right hand. Her hair is long, going down to her shoulder blades. It's a golden color, matching her eyes. Her right eye is normal but her left eye has a star as its pupil. She's looking at me surprised, but something tells me it's not because I knew she was coming.

Verona

"Who are you?" She asks, in a demanding tone.

"I'm Eric. Gaia asked me to call you." I respond, holding my Dark Weapon close. The woman looks at me, seemingly lost in thought. I use this moment to Observe her.

Error: Cannot Observe Target

I get this notification and feel an intense throbbing pain in my head. I raise my free hand to it and the woman looks at me. She has a small smile on her lips.

"You have a skill similar to Analyze. You also have a spell I've never seen. I can sense the mana of two others here. You claim to be here on Gaia's request, that would explain how you knew and activated that magic circle." She says, thinking aloud. My head's still throbbing and I get ready to cast Healing Hands. Before I can the woman appears in front of me. She moved in an instant and slams her feet into me. The behind them stuns me, hitting me and knocking me back more than the Slime Ruler did. However, they didn't do as much damage.

-192 Dmg

I fall to the ground and she lands on top of me. She places her blade against my neck. She takes her other hand and tries to pull my Dark Weapon off me. It doesn't budge and she starts pulling harder. I can feel a faint breeze around my hand. It only takes a moment for the pain to start.

"Wait!" I shout getting her to stop pulling. She's still holding it tightly. "That can't be removed from me." I say and she looks at me.

"How so? What kind of spell is it?" She asks while letting go and I sigh with relief.

"It's a Passive skill. It's stuck to me, forever. I can make it change forms though. I can turn it into a ring." I explain and she nods.

"Do it. Make it take the form of a ring." She says and I do so. My Dark Weapon slowly shrinks as the darkness forming the blade rushes to my finger. It then compacts itself into a ring. The woman looks at it amazed before turning back to me. "If Gaia sent you here then she should've told you to do or say something. Do whatever she told you now." The woman says and I sigh. I cast Gaia's Embrace and a soft green light surrounds us. The woman moves her blade but doesn't get off. She looks around at the light and I can see her eyes moisten, it looks like she's about to cry. She quickly snaps out of it before disappearing. I stand up and look around for her. She's back to where she was before jumping on me. She's sheathed her blade and has hastily wiped her eyes. "Well, Im Verona, the Goddess of Knowledge. Who are you?"

"I'm Eric, it's nice to meet you. Gaia's spoke of you a lot." I respond and Verona nods.

"So, how's Gaia alive? I thought she died sealing the Demon God." She asks after a moment.

"You know the Demon Gods been sealed?" I ask surprised. I knew she knew about Gaia and the Demon God fighting. But I didn't think she knew what had happened to him.

"I didn't know for sure until now. You just confirmed it, but it was just a suspicion. He's not the quiet type, yet his minions have been causing a lot of commotion. I knew he was alive, since he made new Devils, but I thought he was either sealed or incredibly injured." She answers before looking at me expectantly again.

"She was sealed away. She used up all her mana and her body was about to disperse. Before it did her soul was sealed into a necklace." I tell her and she nods.

"Where is she now? I don't sense her presence in you." Verona asks while closing her right eye. She keeps her star eye open and looks at me. I shiver as I feel her peer into me.

"She's somewhere else right now. She wanted me to let you know she's alive and that she's sorry." I say and Verona pauses to think it over.

"Take me to her." She says after a moment. I think it over before responding. I decide to just go and ask Gaia what she wants to do.

"Verona, can you wait here for a minute?" I ask and she nods. I enter my Domain and look around for Gaia.

What Does She Say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)