More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dearnise dearnise

You See...

Xanthos, brother of Cielina the Amzaon, a Conquering Warrior-Ruler

Life as a young boy in The Amazon Islands was hard, moreso as the brother of one of the Amazon Queens, Cielina. Most often, you did basic things to help care for your sister, and the other Amazon women and girls. There wasn't much time for personal things, like training to keep the body fit, and honed like a warrior. In fact, Cielina was hoping to raise you to be a tool--or a bargaining chip--in one of her many attempts to gain more power, if not more influence on the other tribes.

That was until members of a fighters guild sailed to your home island, just as you had turned 16. Your sister was planning to offer you to one of the other Amazon women as a plaything. However, the guild gave you an offer you couldn't resist, in exchange for the weapons and armor that would give your sister the opportunity to put more pressure on the other tribes--even go so far as to sail to distant lands to raid. By the following dawn, you were on a ship, heading to the main continents of Motania. You spend the next 2 full cycles training, and learning to fight at the guild house, whose location remains a secret. Given that you were the brother of an Amazon Queen, it was not a surprise that you would catch on quickly, and be an adept fighter to hold your own in battle as a mercenary, once you turned 18. Through all of this, you had no idea of what your sister was doing, save for the only news of her attempt to conquer Phebis, through a traveling merchant.

One more cycle of seasons passed, and your growing mastery of fighting, combined with your willingness to learn about patriarch government and economics, drew the attention of women--not necessarily heiresses--that needed a man by her side. Mixing various bloods was not uncommon in The Amazon Islands. However, in patriarch domains, it is definitely one that could cause chaos, if the dominoes fall the wrong way. Still, that didn't stop you, Xanthos, brother of Amazon Queen Cielina, from heeding the call of your guild leader. It didn't take long for you to be recruited by the client to help conquer or liberate a beseiged kingdom, in exchange for a hefty fee in gold. A half-cycle would pass in which you worked with the client in his or her act of war, getting as far as to storming the home of the targeted ruler. The ruler was outsted in the end. Unfortunately, the client who was hoping to take the throne, was killed in battle. The people that remained needed a new taker of the throne, and you took it.

Adjusting to life as a ruler was reasonably difficult, especially since you are quite the foreigner. There are those that have continuously resisted your rule, settlements to rebuild, the land's economy to recover, and now more importantly, a woman you need to take as a potential wife, and it must be done with care.

Which type of kingdom did you conquer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)