More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by HT_ HT_

Choose a category (do not add chapters/categories below)

Writing Rules **Must Read Before Publishing Chapters**

There have been a few instances lately that have been a bit on the edge of rule breaking as well as literally site breaking, so I decided to make a formal chapter dedicated to the rules and guidelines when writing a chapter. I have also made it now so I am the only one who can approve non-trusted authors so that I can personally vet all chapters to ensure the rules are being obeyed and the site isn’t breaking.

Image Rules:

When embedding an image the url must end in .jpg, .png, or .jpeg and it must follow the format ![](insert url)

All links must be to an image hosting site either Imgur or something else. They may no longer be from the direct sites.

Do not put long links. It literally breaks the website. Having a long link in the images or in the text will get your chapter deleted and denied regardless of the contents of the chapter. Anything that breaks the site is strictly prohibited.

In-Chapter Images should be used sparingly. I get that a lot of the branches are using images to show visuals, but they should not be occurring too frequently. This isn’t a picture story. So please use visual aids only when needed to show a point and also some of the images being used may be Copyrighted and especially since some artists have restrictions on the types of sites their art may be used on, do not use any fan art from non-NSFW or adult content based artists. Try to prioritize game official content or game generated content. In other words, let’s use less images within the stories.

Content Rules:

For the most part I’ve been a little loose with the rules, but there are just some things I’m not comfortable with hosting on my story. So the following content is now banned from this story:

  • Graphic description of scat, feces, defecation
  • Futa (cis women with dicks), loli (pre-pub looking characters that are really decades older), or mental regression of characters
  • Borderline /sexual has always been banned and I realize sometimes we tiptoe the line of what is consent or not. But content (slavery, sex, pressured to do sexual favors) should not be used on high-school to college aged characters (18-20) unless it makes sense for the story. The Mass Effect lines have been fine, although I know I push it myself too. I’ll handle each on a case by case basis. If your chapter is removed, assume from now on there is a reason unless I say otherwise.
  • To clarify: slavery is not accepted, but sexual slavery is. Consented slavery is fine, slavery similar to that of American Slavery is not. It can also depend on the story’s content itself, and the only time it is actually not okay to include is if the enforced content crosses a clear consensual line. For story, contracts can be made but that doesn’t mean they become real story wise. IE a character can sign a contract that has them do sexual favors, but that doesn’t mean they in the story will do such favors. All favors like that should be in some form or fashion consensual.
  • In terms of consent, there should always be an in for consent to be made. Drunk contracts are fine, but it should still allow the character to set their boundaries in some sort of way either just story wise or a loop hole or something. sexual intercourse is never okay even if there is a “contract” telling them they should. Safe words should be a choice for characters under contractual obligations and if there are none then the context of the story should not depict the characters in a -like context even if it’s for “roleplay” or “fun”.
  • Hardcore are not allowed. If you want to mess around with Skooma and Red Sand or whatever that’s fine. Just don’t turn it into meth or something. Being high is fine, being violent and under the harsher influences of are not.
  • Any content that features more graphic , ABDL, BDSM should include content warnings before the main storypoint begins. Content warnings can be direct: This story branch contains <insert warning> or it can also just be in the title of the chapters. For example: Diapered Shepard would obviously hint towards ABDL so warnings are not necessary unless it also includes more hardcore content. Not all content needs warnings if it is obvious where the story is heading.
  • At this point we have enough chapters imported that this rule will now be enforced: you may only bring chapters over from the Archived Story that you have written yourself. This is to ensure that most of the chapters written have their original authors credited. I understand that some chapters do not have proper credit to the original authors, but I would like to not create more chapters with that same problem. Rewriting branches to bring them over is fine but copying them is no longer permitted unless you wrote it yourself.
  • Rules may change as needed and at the end of the day this is my story so if I’m not comfortable with a direction, I may ask it to be changed or removed.
  • As always by contributing to this story you consent to giving me permission to alter or delete chapters. This includes minor typos, inconsistent story continuity, inappropriate/banned content. Alterations are usually minor but can also be significant. This may also be done to split chapters in half if it feels like it could be branched off. This allow writers to explore different options even if there is a set direction.

If there are any questions please do ask.

The above rules will be in effect starting June 15th.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)