More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

How does Cara end up naked?

With her agent.

"We need to be honest."

Cara liked her agent. She trusted her - even when she didn't get the best gigs, she worked hard to make a name for her. Trying to move from the modeling industry into acting wasn't exactly easy; Cara knew.

Still, didn't make the words enjoyable to hear.

"Suicide Squad was a bust. Audiences were more interested in your hips than you acting abilities. And Paper Towns didn't have nearly as much cultural impact as we wanted - the next Fault in our Stars, it was not."

Cara nodded, not sure what she could say. She'd done her best in the roles; tried to make them her own, but it still hadn't worked out how she wanted. Often from factors beyond her control, yeah - but audiences didn't really care about the nitty gritty of production, just whether what they watched was good or not.

"We need to take a new tack."

"What are you suggesting?" Cara's voice finally appeared, more confident than she felt.

Her agent pulled out a stack of papers. "You know what the most read article about you last year was? Your nude shoot for Esquire." He held up an HD print of one of the photos.

Cara nodded. "Yeah, that's my ass," she murmured, proudly.

"The second most read?" Her agent pulled out another stack of bound paper, handed it over to Cara. "The one about you dancing nude to prepare for Suicide Squad. We're noticing a trend here."

"Yeah, people want to jack it to me."

Her agent shook her head. "Not just that. People find your casual attitude to nudity fascinating, inspiring, we want to capitalize on that. Look at your new contract."

Cara did so, confused - they weren't due a renegotiation for a year, and she didn't think they'd be letting her go yet. "Wait," she began, noticing a line.

"We're willing to give you a ten year contract with us. Guarantee you remain a star for that long. You'll be a household name, everyone will be begging for you to appear in their films, on their talk shows, in their magazines."

"I can't-"

"I want to make this clear," her agent said, and Cara quieted, meeting her eyes. "You have two choices here. You can reject this offer, and fade out of culture by the end of the decade. Or you can accept it. You can give up clothing, full time. And be remembered forever."

Cara thought, realised she didn't exactly have much of a choice. But could she go for it? Could she spend the next ten years, not wearing a stitch?

Does Cara sign?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)