More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ZeeRay905 ZeeRay905

Who Is Our Trailblazer?

Winona Ollenburger, Female, 19, Environmentalist

A little over a year ago, Winona "Winnie" Ollenburger went downstairs for breakfast to find her mothers nude in the kitchen, enjoying their first cups of coffee for the day. For Winnie's stepmother, this was nothing unusual, as Delphine Vauquelin was a lifetime nudist from the Caribbean island nation of Sainte Phryne. Delphine was an imposing, beautiful black woman who stood six feet, six inches tall (or 2 mètres, as Delphine would say), and was a proudly French woman, as Sainte Phryne had been last held by the French before becoming independent in 1918. The culture of Sainte Phryne was complicated, as is often the case in the Caribbean, but the short and sweet of it was that, due to bizarre religious colonization attempts, native people's traditions being misinterpreted and/or appropriated, war, revolts, pirates, revolutions and more, there was a thriving nudist population in Sainte Phryne - with female nudity having been particularly emphasized by the French during their run of the place because... well... they were French.

Seeing her mother, that is to say her biological mother, naked as well was a bit more unusual. Dr. Janet Ollenburger was a five-foot, two inch tall blond haired and green-eyed research chemist on sabbatical and, before meeting her new wife, Delphine, had never expressed any interest in nudism. As it was, the two had met in St. Phryne two years ago when Janet had been following a lead on finding Winona's biological father, David Stoker, who had disappeared with embezzled millions three months before Winona's birth. Delphine had been a forensic accountant at the time, and Janet, still working for the same chemical company David Stoker had stolen from, had made it a hobby of hers to try to track the slime-ball down. The two women, Janet and Delphine, had fallen in love during Janet's stay on the tropical paradise (and off-shore financial haven) and, a year to the day of their first kiss, were walking down the aisle together.

The wedding had been a beautiful affair, at least by Winona's appraisal, and Winona had been Janet's maid-of-honour. Delphine had worn essentially nothing, of course, except for a crown of tropical flowers. Janet was originally going to wear a dress, but had eventually decided to go without, wearing only her mother's silver locket necklace (something old), a wedding veil (something new), a pair of white high-heeled shoes (something borrowed) and a single lacy, light blue garter (something blue). She also had carried a wedding bouquet that matched Delphine's crown of flowers. The wedding party was split between nude and clothed participants, with Janet's Bridesmaids and Bride's Attendants (there were three men and three women on Janet's side of the ceremony, all of the other five being her research partners/best friends) wearing matching white dresses or white suits, and Delphine's Bridesmaids wearing nothing but smaller crowns of the same tropical flowers.

This particular morning, Delphine and Janet had just returned home from their honeymoon, a two week stay in a resort on Sainte Phryne. Yesterday, Winona had picked the two of them up at the airport and, at the time, Janet had been wearing a tropically floral sun-dress and flip-flops, and had been beautifully tanned. This latter was something Winona had never thought she would see, given how, as a research scientist, Janet spent most of her time indoors, and always expressed a fear of burning her fair skin. This reticence to expose herself to sunlight was an especial irony for Janet, as the greatest discovery of her career, so far, was arguably her (and her research partners') invention of a highly effective sunscreen that did not harm the coral reefs. Visibly, she was using her own product now, as was apparent in her "all over" tan that Winona could now see unobstructed by clothing as her mother sat nude in the kitchen, drinking her coffee.

"Good morning, mom," Winona said to her mother. "Bonjour, maman," Winona said to her stepmother.

"Bonjour, ma Crevette!" Delphine crooned with a smile, still deeply touched that her stepdaughter was so enthusiastic in accepting her not only as a stepmother, but fully as a mother. They air-kissed each other's cheeks in greeting, Delphine bending down to do so even as Winona stood on her tiptoes. Normally, on St Phryne, their "la bise" had three kisses, right-left-right. But, as they were now family members, they gave each other four kisses, right-left-right-left.

"There's some of your mother's terrible drip coffee if you like," Delphine teased, indicating the coffee pot sitting on the kitchen counter next to Delphine's preferred cafetière.

"Thank you," Winona said with a yawn and a stretch. "That'd be lovely."

"Stop it," Janet said through her own yawn. "I just stopped being sleepy, now you're making us yawn again!" Janet said playfully. Delphine gave a big yawn as she sat down next to her wife and put an arm around her, pretending to use the yawn and stretch as cover to do so.

Winona gave a little snort of laughter. "You two are cute!" She poured herself a cup of coffee and added a little cream from the fridge. She went over to the kitchen table and sat opposite her mothers, wearing a red silk bathrobe, even as her mothers were both completely naked and barefoot. "So!" Winona said. "I see you finally got a full body tan! I'm jealous!" Winona was only half joking, she shared her mother's fair complexion and had been badly sunburned before.

"Thank you," Janet said graciously. "It was a lot of work, but I think I can finally stop fearing the sun," she wrapped one arm around her wife's body and gave her a little squeeze as the two exchanged a loving, but significant look.

Delphine raised her eyebrows in question as she looked down into her wife's eyes, her head nodding in Winona's direction.

Janet gave both a shrug and a nod of her head.

Winona started to get worried, it looked like her moms were getting ready to have "a talk" with her. She sipped her coffee in concern, frowning a little bit.

"So..." Janet started.

Here it comes, Winona thought. I bet they're going to make me pay rent now, given that I've graduated high-school and still haven't picked a college to attend. She braced herself for whatever bad news her moms were going to bludgeon her with, holding her breath.

"It's funny you should mention my tan," Janet continued, hedging with a transition.

There was a pause.

"... Why is it funny?" Winona said carefully, trying to coax out whatever it was her mothers were trying to tell her.

"Uh, you see..." Janet tried again. "You'll probably notice I don't have any tan lines...?" It was true, not even on her feet, indicating that Janet had been both completely naked and completely barefoot for the majority of her time on St Phryne.

"Uh-huh...?"

"Well..." Janet said, having a lot of trouble getting the words out. She played with her coffee cup on the table.

"Oh, Jeannette, please, just tell her," Delphine said, hugging her wife with one arm, trying to be encouraging.

"Uh, well, you see... um..."

Delphine made a sighing noise through her nose that was half way between a laugh and a groan and grabbed Janet's right hand and squeezed it. She looked straight at Winona. "Weenonah, what your mother is trying to say is that she cannot help but to fall in love every time she goes to Sainte Phryne."

Janet laughed and pulled her wife's hand up to her lips to kiss.

"The first time, she fell in love with me, and the second time she has fallen for la vie nue."

Winona actually failed French in high school, so it took her a moment to realize what Delphine was saying. This confession was not, as Winona first felt, given Delphine's round-about explanation, that her mother had fallen in love with yet another person, but with a lifestyle. "La vie nue", literally "the naked life" is what the people of St Phryne called nudism.

"Oh! I see, so, mom," Winona cocked her head to the side with a quizzical face. "You're a nudist now too?"

"Yes, honey," Janet said, smiling in spite of herself and shrugging. "I just, like Phina said, sort of fell in love with it. It's so freeing, so natural."

"So beautiful!" Delphine kissed her wife on the top of her head and squeezed her close.

"Well, if it makes you happy, I'm happy for you." She reached out a hand and embraced her mother's forearm. "For both of you." She extended her other hand to Delphine, who grasped it and gave her hand an affectionate squeeze.

"I am so grateful to have you now as a daughter, ma Crevette. Je t’adore!"

"Je t’aime aussi!" Winona responded, attempting to have the least horrible accent she could muster.

"Oh! You two are gonna make me cry!" Janet sniffed and rubbed one eye, clearly overwhelmed with relief at Winona's reaction. "I am just so happy right now!" She put a hand over her chest, clearly overwhelmed by the sight of her wife and daughter expressing such affection for one another.

"Non non, ma Souris, s'il te plaît, ne pleure pas! We must still tell her the rest, yes?"

"The rest?" Winona asked, getting nervous again.

"Oui, oui," Janet said, squaring her shoulders and sitting up straight. She looked straight across the table at Winona, put on a big smile and said: "We've both gotten new jobs, and we're going to be working together!"

After a moment of surprise (and relief), Winona said: "That's wonderful!"

"And... we're going to be selling the house," Janet continued.

This surprised Winona into a bit of a longer silence. "We're... moving?"

"Well..." Delphine shrugged and made a "sort of" head-wobble gesture.

"You see, Winnie, my dear," Janet said, hedging again. She put both hands over Winona's right hand on the tabletop. "Phina and I are going to be working at and living in an experimental environmentally friendly test community - completely powered by solar and wind power, a completely off-grid with even atmospheric water capture-"

"No flush toilets, I'm guessing...?" Winona winced.

"Correct," Delphine confirmed, to Winona's displeasure.

"We do not want to you to come with us, darling," Janet said, patting her daughter's hand again. "So, you have a lot of choices. Of course you are free to come with us to Cerulean Acres-"

"That is a terrible name for a community," Winona interjected.

"I know," Delphine agreed.

"Hush, dear," Janet said to one or both of them. "Or," she continued. "You can live with your Auntie Esmée on St Phryne, or your grandparents in Eureka."

"Or college," Delphine concluded.

"Right, yes, or you could go to college. However, if you came with us, we'd need to enroll you in Stuyvesant University, anyway, they're the primary University for the program, and you'd need to participate in the social experiment by keeping a journal and helping out in the test community."

"Wait, but Stuyvesant... isn't that in New York?"

"Oui," Delphine confirmed.

"You'd be taking classes remotely in the test community, which is in Oregon."

"Oregon? But that's up north, isn't it cold?"

"Oui!" Delphine bemoaned. "Too cold!"

"It's not that cold," her wife teased.

"It is when you grew up in the Caribbean!"

"Doesn't it snow in Oregon?"

"Hush, dear, you're not helping," Janet laughed.

"Ugh... snow..." Delphine rubbed her forehead. "I suppose that's why it's an experimental community."

"Oh yes," Janet said, changing the subject and turning back to Winona. "If you came with us to Cerulean Acres, you'd be part of the nudist test phase group zero, so... that is, you'd be committing to the nudist lifestyle as well."

"Oh," Winona said, realization dawning over her. "Oh, that's why you wanted to leave it up to- okay, I see. So... you're asking me to either move in with relatives and stay dressed, or move in with you two in the new place and be a nudist too?"

"Or college," Delphine reminded her. "College anywhere you want to go."

"Hm... How long until you both move?"

"At least a year from now."

"Well, there's some time, at least," Winona said, sipping her coffee and unconsciously tugging her robe closed a little more with her other hand.

"We don't need to know your answer right now," Janet reassured her.

"I mean..." Winona said. She had her misgivings but, ultimately, felt she knew what she wanted to do...

What is Winona's choice?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)