More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Throne65 Throne65

Who is meeting whom, and what are they doing?

William is meeting Cindy for their new magic show

William got out of his car at the nightclub. It was already 10 o'clock and Cindy was waiting for him by the back door. She had their magic equipment with them.

"You're late," she scolded.

"The show starts in 15 minutes," William said. "We got time to change."

Cindy rolled her eyes and followed him inside with her costume. The two had been practicing showroom magic since grade school, things like cutting each other in half and playing card games, and had always wanted to do their own magic show. Now, out of nowhere, this nightclub owner asked them to be the new frontrunners of a magic attraction. He insisted no prior experience was needed and they only needed to bring their own costumes.

William came out of the bathroom in a traditional magicians' costume: flowing white shirt, black pants, white gloves, black shoes a cane, and a long flowing cape.

Likewise, Cindy had on an assistant's costume: a white shirt, skirt, pantyhose, high-heeled shoes, black jacket, and a top hat.

"You ready, Zatanna?" William joked.

"Damn straight, Dracula," Cindy snarked back.

The two went behind the stage and peeked out at the massive crowd. Club goers of all kinds, goths, hipsters, druggies, and finely dressed elites were all there.

Cindy fanned herself. "I'm so nervous."

A man came out to meet them behind the curtain. He shook their hands with a massive smile. "Hey there! I'm Cyrus, the owner of this joint! Nice to meet you!"

"You too!" William said. "Thanks for giving us this chance!"

"Now I understand this is your first gig," Cyrus said. "Don't you worry. It's all been taken care of. Just do your act as you normally would and the magic will take care of itself."

"Wait," Cindy said, "what does that mean?"

A drumroll was heard from the audience. "That's our cue!" William said, taking Cindy behind the curtain.

The two flashed their smiles and posed for the audience. William leaned both hands on his cane and stood with a deep stare, while Cindy put one hand on her cocked hip and the other on her top hat. The curtain rose to the cheering fans.

How does the act go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)