More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by gramana gramana

What's next?

What If Kate spent Christmas with Yelena?

Mild spoilers for the Hawkeye finale!

It had been a long few days. Certainly not one that had gone the way Kate expected. She'd met her hero, reversed her opinion on a few things, gained a new hobby, and made a very unexpected friend. Speaking of.

"Drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry!"

Speaking of, there was a trained assassin loudly singing along to the car radio next to her. In a lot of ways, Yelena wasn't remotely what she'd expected.

"Come on!" Yelena said, grinning happily.

"I only know the lyrics to the Star Wars version," Kate said.

Yelena pouted.

The song rolled on, and the genuinely far-too-likeable trained killer next to her sang it through. Then sang it through when it repeated, the road going by. It was a few minutes before her expression sobered up.

"Thank you for this," Yelena said. Sometimes her accent became heavier when she was being serious.

"Hey, no one should spend christmas alone," Kate said. "Er, this isn't going to secretly be some hardcore bootcamp is it? I like my christmasses a bit more cheery."

"It's a hotel!" Yelena said. "Natasha's favourite. She... always told me about when she came here, it'll be like she's with us."

"I mean, Black Widow loving it doesn't quite mean it isn't going to be scary."

"I do like holidays too," Yelena said. "There's a pool, and a spa. All-inclusive bar too. It's not an assassin place."

"Oh. Oh. That's good," Kate said. She paused. "Probably should've asked that before I agreed to go with you, honestly."

"You should have, yes," Yelena said. "There aren't any surprises. It's just christmas, somewhere nice. With a friend."

"Thank you," Kate said.

The car went on. The journey wasn't that long, apparently, the resort near enough to the city, but even the car ride felt like a good way to spend christmas. Yelena was always good company.

And about ten minutes later, Kate saw boobs. She did a double take, head rotating as the car drove on past.

"We're here!" Yelena said happily, undoing her seatbelt. "Kate! Unpack!"

"There's... er..." Kate said slowly, staring out her window. Okay, she couldn't see boobs from this angle, but the person was definitely still there. And definitely still...

She heard the sound of the car door opening. Expecting little else beyond a funny anecdote, Kate turned to Yelena.

And screamed.

"Why are you naked?!" Kate said. "Wait, how are you naked?! It's been, like, ten seconds."

"You take longer? We need to work on your wardrobe. That's just timewasting," Yelena said.

Her outfit was (somehow neatly folded?!) on the driver's seat. She was leaning forwards, rifling through a car drawer for ticket print-outs. Kate stammered.

"Kate?" Yelena said. "Well?"

"Wait, this is one of _those _resorts?" Kate said, eventually.

"You can leave your clothes in the car," Yelena said conversationally. "It's warmer in reception. Walk'll do you good."

"You didn't say this was a nudist resort!" Kate said.

Yelena pulled back out of the car. Quickly, Kate slipped out of her seatbelt, and got out, walking after her; Yelena stopped, just by the car's trunk.

When she spoke, her words came slower.

"Kate," Yelena said, voice quieter. "It was Natasha's favourite place. No cameras, no photos getting out - they need security for that, so she could come here and feel unexamined, from her enemies and even from SHIELD when she needed time off. She could unwind, and be Natasha, not the Black Widow, or whatever else people wanted. And with how much of her job traded in seduction, playing off expectations, it was a place where she could come and her body was just a body, just hers. Where no one would stare and make her feel like she was just her looks, because it was all normal. Kate. This was her place."

There was a pause.

"That... is sweet," Kate said. She hesitated. "Moving, really. Just, er, would be much more touching if I didn't have an eyeful of your butt right now."

"Kate," Yelena said. "No one is making you stare at my butt."

Kate coughed, cleared her throat, and quickly dragged her eyes upwards again. Mostly. She stammered.

"So?" Yelena said. "Will you spend the holiday with me?"

Spend the holidays completely naked, in what looked like a decently occupied resort. Albeit with an admittedly gorgeous assassin, said assassin staring into her eyes, after having bared her soul, knowing that if she said no, she'd be leaving Yelena alone at christmas.

Well that was just emotional . Sighing, Kate pulled her jacket off.

"Fine," Kate said, heat already rising to her cheeks to counter-act the chill. "But you owe me."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)