More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by airwreck airwreck

Who do you follow?

Wes, 25-year-old Silicon Valley millionaire.

In the typical Millennial fashion, Wes Palmer took out his smartphone to take a selfie right before he signed the document that would forever change his life.

"Congratulations, Wes," his lawyer cheered after his client snapped the photo and scribbled his signature on the last page of the telephone book-thick contract. "Now you're a multi-millionaire!"

Wes paused to let that fact sink in -- he founded his start-up during university like most of his heroes and within a few years Google, Facebook, Apple, and a couple Chinese companies wanted to buy his company for its innovative technology. He didn't want to sell but his venture capitalist investors persuaded him otherwise -- after months of his bidding wars he sold his company, PalmTech, to a Chinese conglomerate for $1.2 billion, leaving him with $600 million to retire at the ripe old age of twenty-five.

After the cheering and handshakes finally stopped, someone raised a glass of Champagne to propose a toast. The early employees of the company who were given stocks were rich, albeit nowhere close as their former boss.

"What are you going to do now to celebrate?" one of the vice-presidents asked.

"I'm going to Disney World!" Wes replied and everyone laughed.

Actually he had another place in mind -- Freedonia.

How did Wes find out about Freedonia?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)