More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FictionLord FictionLord

Where to begin?

Wayward Pines: A Jewel of Natural Beauty

(Note From Crazydorian: Hey folks. We know many Wayward Pines images aren't working at the moment. We've sent a a message to FictionLord a while back to see if they might have backup copies they can re-upload, but in the meantime, we're leaving the chapters as is. 10-13-2021

Update: We've still not had any response from FictionLord, so we've opted to trim the Wayward Pines chapters that were image-stories only, since the links were broken. For the text chapters, we've removes image links. 11-21-2022.)

Wayward Pines is a large city situated in northern Arizona, where the summers are perfect for swimming and the winters create a wonderland of snow. As registered in 2015, Wayward Pines is also one of America's designated Oedipal Zones.

The city is currently in a booming phase with tourism and new residents ever-increasing in appearance. Wayward Pines prides itself in the natural beauty surrounding it, its top-notch quality in entertainment/business, high education rates, and its dedicated sector for orphans that's ever-expanding.

Like many other Oedipal Zones, Wayward Pines is built upon a 3 tier system.

  1. At the top are the Alphas, consisting of the eldest sons of every family living outside of the orphan sector. Alphas have the right to treat those in the lower tiers however they wish unless those members in the lower tier are already under the protection/regulation of another Alpha.
  2. The second tier is the Betas, family members living under an Alpha. As with the Alphas, they may treat those below them how they wish, unless they are restricted by their own Alpha, or if the members below them are regulated/protected by another Alpha.
  3. And at the bottom would be the average local or Orphan. These members of society are more or less just objects for the tiers above. If lucky, an Orphan may be raised to a Beta, if adopted by an Alpha.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)