More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Peri2g Peri2g

Where would you like to go?

Wait? I have mail?

As you step out of the front door, you realize with a start, that a package has been deposited on your front porch. You lean down and examine the package, then look around quickly, hoping to spy whoever left it behind. You scratch your stubble as you consider the cloth wrapped package. Mail delivery isn't like earth, but rather by freelance couriers or large delivery companies that pride themselves on swift deliver. You turn the package over and inspect it. It's covered in a fine material, and bound tightly by a cotton cord, but considering the lack of tag, receipt, or wax seal you conclude that it's likely been sent to you by one of those independent couriers.

You take the package and return it to your dining room. It really is very nice, and as you slowly unwind the cord, you see a subtle design woven into the cloth. As you open the cloth, you find a chest. It's about not small, maybe a foot and a half square and has a spectacular swirling pattern within the ashen wood grain. The light from above catches the lacquered sheen, and for a moment you question whether it's supernaturally glossy, or simply marvelous craftsmanship.

What could be inside, and why have you received it? You scrunch up your face at your own needless rhetorical questions... It's not like you're putting on a show or anything. Just open it... And yet, there is some trepidation to your movements. At last you reach out, release the latches, and lift the lid.

What is inside?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)