More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 130 by bastardlydastard bastardlydastard

What's next?

Season 2

Three months later.

Arlheim has fallen. Though it took some time to build your forces up enough to take it, once you did so, taking the city was easy. Arnheim city's walls were weak, and fell quickly, and its guards were too slow to react to your rapid strike. You didn't even have to enter the battle yourself.

The real challenge will be taking the fortress. Not only must you contend with the elite soldiers under the command of the twin generals, but also the generals themselves.

You stand upon a platform in the city center, your cloak billowing ominously behind you. Before you, a thousand fearful faces regard you.

You clear your throat, and speak, your voice booming out like the sound of thunder.

"People of Arlheim, I am Ulric Strongblood. This city, is now mine. But fret not, for you will not suffer under my rule. There will be no rapes, no beatings, no looting. Not from my men. There is nothing more repugnant than preying on the defenseless. But be warned, if you attack my people, I will not be responsible for what they do to you."

You think for a moment, before speaking again.

"As of now, no one among you is any better than another. You are all equals, men and women, old and young. Power and control will be granted to those wise or strong or cunning enough to take it." You finish emphatically, clenching a massive mailed fist."In this city, the only thing dictating what you can do is you. Some will rise to the top, while others will sink to the bottom. Some will blaze their own way, while others will follow the tried path. If any among you find my rule disagreeable, you are welcome to challenge me for my position at any time."

A hushed murmur goes through the gathered city folk as you turn and walk off the stage.

You stride through the streets with purpose, knowing what to do next.

What do you do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)