More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LiveIron LiveIron

What does Anon do Next?

Try to Make Things Work (Day 0.5)

> You wake up for good to the 'ping!' of a text.

> All the other times were from the usual things: being too hot, too cold, your arm falling asleep over your head...

> ...And the impending sense of doom that's been hanging over you since yesterday, invading even your sleep.

> Looking at your phone, you see it's actually an email. One with state priority.

> The subject line reads "Notification of Investigation for: Multiple Charges."

> "Dear ANON ANONERSON,

> "This email is to inform you that you are currently under investigation for the following charges: 1 count of Firearms Negligence (Negligent Discharge), 2 counts of Illicit Possession (Manufacture and Possession of an Illegal Machinegun), 1 count of Perjury (False Courtship Claims), and 2 counts of Non-violent Obstruction of Justice (1 count of Harassing an Officer; 1 count of Perjury during Investigation). This investigation began yesterday (Sunday, 7/XX/20XX), following events occurring at the Shoktan Shooting Club (WCS Sector 11)."

> "The potential consequences of these charges include: loss of firearms privileges and confiscation of any associated property, accelerated State Evaluation schedule, and mandatory enrollment into the Civil Matchmaking Services System (CMSS)."

> "The investigating Officer (ATF division) has also recommended you be classed for Special Assignment in the CMSS system: due to your charges being non-violent, normal immediate restraints/restrictions will not apply during the course of this investigation. However, should you be found guilty, all normal Special Assignment restrictions and procedures will apply."

> "The court date for this investigation is: Sunday 7/XX+7/20XX. Arrive at the New Apple Municipal Complex at 10am: you will be escorted to the lower court by on-premises staff. In accordance with the indigenous beliefs of your sector, you will be afforded a public defendant to speak on your behalf by the State, if you do not have a lawyer on retainer."

> "If you have entered into a Civil Union prior to this court date, it is important to bring a copy of your certificate and/or your application form, as well as your spouse. This would dismiss one or more of the charges against you (False Courtship Claims, Illicit Possession)."

> You skim over the next few lines, full of the stock-standard state assurances and reminders

> "Remember that access to firearms is a privilege, not a right"

> "The state allows for the preservation of some historic practices in your region, not all"

_> _And of course, the ever popular "The Anthrostate has only your best interests at heart."

_ > _The last few lines at the bottom catch your eye:

> "The reporting officer (Patricia A. Birch, ATF) has elected to release her contact information to you and the immediate witnesses of this case (Talia W. Grilliz, Rebecca T. Maldovich). Note that any communications with Officer BIRCH will be monitored and may be used during trial due to one or more charges against you (Harassing an Officer)."

> "Have a pleasant day,"

> "WCS 11 Justice Division"

> You groan, tempted to throw the phone but settling for setting it on the bedside table. That bitch is taunting you.

_> _And you know that she has your information-- if you try blocking her number, you'll probably get another obstruction of justice charge.

> Your phone lets out another 'ping!'; you pick it up with hesitation, telling yourself not to respond to her when you see it's from Talia.

> 'Bitch got started early-- it's fucking 8am'

> At least this bullshit hasn't gotten to her sense of humor.

> 'thought your text was from her,' you reply back.

> 'No such luck. Didn't come up with anything last night, either. You?'

> 'No. Half worried they're gonna send someone down here based on my search history alone'

> 'That's ripe for jokes, but I'm not in the mood,' she sends back after a minute, 'We gotta figure this out.'

> "No shit," you say to yourself, but resist the urge to snap at her via text.

> 'I know,' you write instead, 'Are you actually being charged with anything?'

> 'courtship claims, harassing and obstructing an officer.'

> 'Same for me, but add firearms negligence and possession/manufacturing a machinegun.'

> 'Makes things a little easier to cover,' she sends back.

> 'We need a good fucking lawyer,' you respond.

> 'More to it than that. Lawyer can argue all they want, but the state can throw it out if there's no good evidence or witnesses.'

_> _You groan, rubbing your eyes.

> 'You make it sound so bright and cheery'

_> _She goes quiet for a while, giving you some time to make breakfast before your phone goes off again.

> 'Lets make another deal. I'll find someone who can help with the firearms charges for you, and you find someone who can work the perjury and harassment ones for the both of us. I've got people I can ask from being an RSO.'

> 'And I've got...?'

> 'Work to do. Talk to legal people, witnesses, secure evidence-- whatever you can'

> '...You sure it wouldn't be easier to just get a CU?'

> 'You can get one,' she sends, 'just not with me'

> You sigh. Was worth shot.

> 'Keep in touch. I'll update you at the end of the day.'

_> _You close your phone and clean up; at least you started the day early. All the more time for you to use.

_> _And you're going to need as much as you can get.

Where does Anon go from here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)