More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Titlecardpink Titlecardpink

What kind of vampire are you?

Tremere

You wake up in a state of disarray and raw hunger boiling in your gut. Blood seeps from two wounds in your neck and your white button up shirt is torn in several places, scratches mark your skin as does a new pale as snow complexion. And that hunger I mentioned? It is all consuming, driving you mad for blood, the need to feed and feast on the nearest flesh bag you can find. You claw and tear around the room, smashing and destroying several objects. The Beast within demands a meal, and you can do nothing but submit to the feral desire.

The door slams open. "Hello Childe." she whispers. Even in your frenzied state you can recognize your Sire, your blood echoes out a deep call of familiarity. She melts into a puddle of blood then reappears behind you, striking you heavily in the back of the head and driving the consciousness from your skull. You awake a few moments later, laying upon a woman's lap with a blood bag being drained into your half open mouth. Your first instinct is not to or spit, instead you grab at the bag urging it to unload into your mouth faster. "Good, good." The woman coos while stroking your hair. "Being Embraced is a difficult process, one I will guide you through and provide for. In time you will learn all there is know within Kindred society. For now, drink my Childe, drink."

You empty the bag in seconds and finally feel satiated. That itch is still there, crawling under your skin, begging you to run down the streets and tear into the first mortal you can get your hands on. "Well you've certainly got an appetite." Your Sire laughs and tosses her crimson hair back. You're not really sure how to act, but you imagine that some respect should be shown to the lady who just fed you a plastic baggie of human blood. You gulp and wipe away some of the blood dripping from your mouth. "Thank you Sire." Her lap smells of strawberries and cream. She looks pleased at your obedience.

"Please drop Sire, call me Ezza." She stands and you get a good look at her. She's wrapped up in a tight gothic corset with a black leather jacket over the top, below she's wearing a black miniskirt and sheer pantyhose over her slender legs. Upon her feet she has on a pair of red high heels. "Ezza..." You feel as though you have heard the name before, a faint memory upon the beaches of your mind.

She cackles and touches your shoulder and you find yourself standing atop a skyscraper, looking over the city of Los Angeles. Cars whizz and zoom about their way, pedestrians roam the night, looking for a good time, or trying to start a bad one. Drunks, hobos, hookers, addicts, your usual motely crew of the midnight are out in full , it's night time LA, go have some fun. Ezza takes a deep breath, soaking it all in, her voice is full of pride. "Beautiful isn't it, just like us, this city of Angels. Debaucherous, hidden away under facades and glamor, and thriving." Her grin is wild and free, her red hair trailing in the wind, a blazing trail of flames in the night. "I desire this City of Angels." Ezza's visage is now a dead calm. A winter blown tree standing in the snow. "It was once mine, in a time far gone from now, I walked these lands a queen, my people rejoiced and the peace was good." a dark shadow is cast over her face. "That is no longer, my people no longer, I. No longer." Ezza is standing at the edge of the skyscraper, both feet on the ledge, arms splayed out towards the empty night sky. You don't rush to save her, instead you just watch. She begins to float ever so slightly, her hair lifted by her magical energy. "We are the undead, the cursed, immortal yes, but wretched. to feed upon the blood of beings we so closely resemble, but are nowhere near. What purpose is to be sought? What reason? What of creeds and principles? Damn them all! There is no future to be found, the page is torn. We must carve our own way Fledgling. Undoing the Masquerade is the only way for the Kindred to survive."

"The Masquerade?" You ask. "A game played by Kindred to fool the mortals. We lay low, feeding in secret, living in shadow, cloaked away from the phones, the televisions, the internet. It's a weak shawl at this point, our mask is wearing thing and every day the amount of content leaking only increases. The Camarilla are weak to it, their ways outdated, the hunters are gaining ground, yet the Camarilla refuse to address the issue, killing anyone the deem fit in order to cement their rule." Ezza seems out of breath. You look at her with a confused look in your eye. "The Camarilla?" Your tone is so utterly baffled that Ezza has but to burst out laughing. Her laugh is like a bright chime, sparkling with soft tones in spring. "Shit, I got ahead of myself. My bad."

"No, it's quite alright." you respond.

"The Camarilla are governing body of Kindred society, they make the rules and regulations that we follow in order to maintain the Masquerade. To put it real simply, it's a set of rules to keep our existence hidden from humans, if you don't follow it." Ezza draws a line across her neck with a pink colored fingernail, her tongue lolling out and her eyes bouncing into the back of her head. "Okay I get the jist of it." You sit down on the ledge. Ezza is now floating away from the building, hovering close to you. You wonder if anyone down there can see her, but the thought fades quickly. "What is exactly so bad about the Masquerade, Ezza?" She looks at you with hazy eyes. Like she can see through every nook and cranny of your soul. "The Masquerade is nothing but a scheme for the Camarilla to grab power. Under the pretense of upholding our secrecy, the Camarilla have effectively neutered most of the vampire population from ever developing their true abilities. Powerful vampires, ones with ancient knowledge and renowned sorcery were hunted and killed first. Ancient clans torn asunder, families ruined. Anyone who survived those initial hunts now hide away in complete exile."

You can sense immense sadness in Ezza's voice. "This is how I have lived Fledgling. Alone, for three thousand years, I have rambled away the days, maddening myself in my misery. But the tides shift." She looks to you. "I will teach you all I know, three thousand years worth of blood magic and knowledge, in turn you will raze the Camarilla to the ground with me, and shatter the Masquerade once and for all." Ezza is looking off into the night sky, a placid, melancholy look on her regal face. "No longer will vampires have to hide away their abilities, no longer will they be shunned from expanding their horizons and following their natural instinct. No longer will we be to dance in the palm of the Camarilla."

Ezza begins to fly around you. "Will you join me Fledgling?"

Will you join Ezza in her quest to shatter the Masquerade?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)