More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CandidBandit CandidBandit

Where do they go from here?

To Find A Fairy

“So, when exactly do we meet Paimon?”

They were sitting under the shade of a tree and eating a couple... Sunsettia’s. They saw the fruit hanging from a nearby tree and couldn’t help but to hack at the tree to see if they would drop like in the game. They did.

Now they were enjoying the strange yet familiar taste of a weird pear looking fruit.

“Wasn’t the Traveller trying to fish and accidentally caught her?” Matt replied to his wife.

“Yeah, but when does that happen? The game wasn’t exactly clear on that, was it?”

“Um, let’s see. If I remember correctly, the Traveller woke up in Teyvat, then maybe walked around for an unknown amount of time, got hungry and tried to fish, caught a random Paimon, and then travelled with her for a few days? Or maybe a week? No, no, it was two months. Geez...And then they made their way to that beach where the Traveller told her about the unknown god... wait...” Matt stopped in his recounting of game events.

“What?” His wife asked. She didn’t seem to know why he stopped, even with her ability to read his mind.

“Did you see the intro to the game in your dream? After seeing that woman?” He asked her.

“What do you mean-” She started, but stopped herself when something came to mind. “Oh, wait... yeah. I saw flashes of it but forgot about it after waking up. You also saw it?”

“Yep. That familiar intro zipped by in my dream after that woman took our hands. I saw it from the perspective of Aether. It was the version where he was the main character and Lumine was taken.”

Jen nodded her head. “I remember that too.”

“So, then... If you’re here as Lumine, and I’m here as Aether... then who is the leader of the Abyss Order?”

Jen blinked. She thought about it but was confused.

“If we both saw the intro in our dreams, and they were the same intro... then it should be Lumine, right?” She eventually asked.

“That’s what I thought.” Matt replied. “But your here.”

That had the both of them thinking in silence for a moment. In that silence they finished off their Sunsettia’s and threw the remains to the side. They both tried to come up with different ideas for what they could expect from this world. And with their telepathy, they were able to present their ideas non-verbally. One idea was whether there would even be an Abyss Order. If Lumine was right there, then that could mean the Abyss wouldn’t be a faction. Another idea was that there could be another Lumine walking about.

There was a theory that Matt had read about that suggested that the Abyss sibling was some sort of clone that could not leave Teyvat with the main character. The sibling that was taken by the unknown god was still being held in some unknown place while their clone was walking the world for hundreds of years. That theory, if correct, would mean Jen’s Lumine was released at the same time Matt’s Aether was, and that the clone was created by the unknown god when they were both locked away.

That didn’t account for why Matt’s Aether was different though. And all the other tweaks like Jen’s tits being bigger. Did the strange woman from the dream have that much power? What was her relation to the unknown god?

The woman said it was her world, right? Jen asked with her mind.

Right, Matt remembered her saying that.

So, if it is her world, then she could do anything. Even interfere with lesser gods, maybe.

That... really was the only logical conclusion. Especially since the topic was about gods. That stuff didn’t make a lot of sense. Heck, they had dragons and Adepti who could change into humans. Cloud Retainer I’m looking at you.

Jen smiled.

We’re going to try and fuck her too.

Matt laughed. His wife was such a pervert. He loved it.


“I hope the first monster we come across is an easy tutorial slime.” Jen said as the two of them set off into the great big field.

They chose this direction because the other way, uphill, had sheer cliff faces and a mountain range. There did seem to be a path that went through a wooded area, but it looked a little out of the way. So, they chose the large open plains with the road leading through a valley.

“Same. I hope we don’t see a lawachurl just yet. I don’t think we’re high enough level for that.”

Jen slowed down a little.

“I really hope this doesn’t turn into one of those porn videos involving hilichurls...” Her face twisted in great disgust. “Damn, I might throw up that Sunsettia.”

Ah, yeah. Those videos.

They can be hot to watch sometimes, She thought to herself, though Matt could still hear, and she likely knew it. But fuck, I don’t want that to actually happen.

(To the readers, rest assured this scenario does not happen. Vanilla harem all the way.)

“I’m sure it won’t. That strange god lady said she liked your kink to share me with others.” Matt reminded her.

“True. Just... promise me that...” She couldn’t finish what she wanted to say. Her thoughts made it very clear, however.

He reached out and held her hand tightly.

“I won’t let anything take you.” He said it, and sent the thought out to her with resolve. “So, let’s get stronger together.”

She swallowed and nodded.

After a more comfortable silence Jen spoke up. “Didn’t the dream lady also say something about your kink?”

“I... think she did, but I don’t know how we could even do that.” He remembered her saying that she would give that power... but how?

“Hmm, it would be nice if it were true.” She mused. Thoughts of his kink played out in her mind. “I would love it if you could use me in public without anyone caring. Or using other girls. Fuck that would be so hot.”

Matt chuckled. He did like the idea of freely using a woman without others caring about his inappropriate behavior. Free use or normality, whatever someone wanted to call it, was a kink that his wife let him roleplay with her at home quite a lot. He just had no clue how that woman could implement that here. Would it just be a passive skill? Always on or activated in some way.

Either way, the thought did excite him a lot.

“By the way, are you ready to grind for artifacts again?” He asked her with a smirk.

Her groan was pretty loud.

They walked for a time and eventually stepped onto the road. A road that was faded from lack of use. Where they had woken up seemed to be way out of the way. As they walked, they saw birds and squirrels and even a fox.

Makes me think of Yae Miko. That mommy will be ours.

Matt grinned at her. He saw Lumine’s face and had to stop her in her tracks. She looked surprised, even as he pulled her to him and kissed her. The shock she felt didn’t last long as he pressed his lips to hers and tasted something familiar, yet different. She was the same but not.

“Hm.”

She made a small sound of appreciation when his tongue entered her mouth. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Her tongue battled with his and she let him suck on the appendage with a moan.

What names should we go by? He thought to her.

Really? You’re trying to have a conversation while kissing?

Yep. Isn’t that cool? We can multitask like this. So, what names should we go by?

She smiled against his lips and giggled.

Names? You mean Jen or Lumine?

Yeah.

Hmm... Well, it might be confusing for us if we use the canon names, but it might be fun to roleplay.

Those were my thoughts too. Should we give it a try?

She kissed him deeply and thought just as deeply for a moment.

Sure. Should we start now?

Matt was about to answer but a... wobbly noise caught his attention. Jen and Matt whipped their heads around to the source of the sound. Their arms came away from each other in case they were in danger.

What they saw was... well, a slime.

It seemed to have made its way to the path from off to the side, to which they saw a small lake being fed by a stream from uphill. The slime must have formed in its waters.

It seemed to be alone. Which gave them a great opportunity.

“There’s your tutorial slime, Lumine.” He said with a grin. Why not start calling her by that name now in the heat of battle?

“It’s a little rude to interrupt our make-out session though.” She replied with the trademark Lumine pose. Her hands on her hips and a pout.

Matt laughed at the sight. She knew how much he liked the female main character. He was definitely going to fuck her the most, but for right now the slime in front of them was the priority. Especially now since it decided to become hostile and bounce towards them.

“Um, would you like to take the first shot, Aether?” His wife asked. It seemed that she wasn’t entirely ready to try real combat just yet.

That was fine by him. He was eager to swing his sword at something real. He darted forward to meet the slime and swung. His blade met its viscous body, and it flew back a little. The elemental creature rolled before righting itself.

It seems like a weak creature. Do you want to try hitting it? He thought towards Je- ...Lumine.

Okay, I’ll give it a go.

Mat- ...Aether sidestepped to give her some room. Lumine came running in just as the slime was focused on him. She got in close and swiped it. The thing tumbled back again, and Aether didn’t give it a chance to fight back. He dashed in close and brought his sword down on it hard. He felt his sword cut through the body, but it didn’t die.

Lumine came in again and stabbed it with a forward thrust. The thing flew back further to where it likely came from. The small lake wasn’t far from where they fought, and they seemed to be pushing the thing closer to the edge. Lumine got a little more brazen and swung a couple more times.

The slime couldn’t take all that damage and its body broke. Its water drenched the small area it sat on, and an object fell on the ground in its place. Aether thought that it might be a slime condensate. He walked up to take a look-

An image sent from Lumine played in his head, along with a note of alarm and panic. The image was of the lake in front of them and a shape was floating in its water.

“Mat-Aethe-blah! There’s someone drowning!”

Matt dropped his sword, which disappeared, and ran to the water’s edge. His eyes found the shape for real, and he waded into the water. When the water came up to his ribcage he dove in and swam to the unmoving figure. He grabbed hold and pulled her along to land.

The person was a girl with shoulder length white hair. She had other features, and Matt’s brain was processing them and drawing what would be a very obvious conclusion later on, but at that moment a life was potentially in danger. He dragged the person ashore, and Jen rushed to help pull the girl to safety.

Matt rushed out of the water, his mind taking note of the white clothes with golden decorations, and kneeled over her. She wasn’t breathing.

Matt quickly tilted the girl’s head and sealed her mouth with his. He filled her lungs once, then twice, then went for the chest compressions.

_Paimon? _He heard Jen say in his mind, but he ignored it for the moment.

Fortunately, he didn’t have to go any further as she started to cough up whatever was in her lungs. He proceeded to move her into the recovery position and rubbed her back. She coughed and wretched for a little while.

She... isn’t a fairy? Another stray thought from his wife.

She was giving them enough space to not get in the way. She also had CPR training, but nothing would be gained by crowding them. If he had gotten through a cycle of compressions with no response, he would have swapped out with her to keep from getting fatigued. Good thing it didn’t come to that.

The white-haired girl shook as she let out all the water she had taken on. Eventually she stopped coughing and truly breathed. Deep needy breaths. She was in the clear now.

Now he could take note of her appearance more. He leaned back with a hand on his beating heart and looked at the girl. He got his own breathing under control and observed the white unitard like outfit. The legs of the unitard ended almost before they began. They stopped just above mid-thigh and had gold crown looking attachments, like with her sleeves. Her knee-high boots also had these gold crown shapes above the silvery white of the rest of the boots, while the toes had small portions of gold.

In the middle of the unitard was the familiar Celtic trinity knot along with some other gold patterns. Her oddly shaped cape had that strange star-like effect, and she wore a hair accessory that looked like a black star or a black primogem. Lastly, there was that strange floating crown above her head.

There was no doubt about it.

This was Paimon.

And yet...

She has the body type of the other girls. Like Amber or Mona. Maybe a little shorter. Jen muttered in her mind. She’s... cute.

Matt could sense the attraction she had to the surprisingly pretty girl. He was feeling it too. But... this seemed to deviate quite a lot from what they knew. This girl was supposed to be a fairy sized person with a body type more in line with a ‘chibi’ art style. And yet, here she was... probably almost as tall as Lumine.

Her chest wasn’t small either. Not big, but definitely not small.

Jen gave the mental equivalent of an enthusiastic nod.

Matt spared her an amused glance before calling out to the girl who looked like a person cosplaying Paimon.

“You’re okay. You’re safe. We found you in that lake and pulled you out. Can you talk?” He spoke gently and softly so as to not spook her.

She looked at him with an exhausted look, but she nodded. She tried to sit up, but she looked like she might fall from her shaky arms at any moment. Jen moved in to support her. She gently held her back and let her lean against her.

“It’s okay. I’ve got you. You can relax.” She told Paimon.

The girl slumped against her and focused on breathing.

“My name is Aether, and this is my wife Lumine,” He introduced himself as he glanced at Jen. She smiled briefly and nodded along. “We found you floating in that lake and pulled you out. I had to resuscitate you.”

She eyed him from her reclined state and listened.

“Can you tell us your name and why you were there in that lake?”

She worked her mouth and wet her lips. She swallowed and coughed before answering.

“...Paimon... Was trying... to catch a fish.”

Ah, she was hungry. That definitely jives with Paimon. Jen thought. He ignored her and tried not to smile.

“Instead of a fish, I can get you a Sunsettia.” He pointed at one of the trees close by.

“...yes please.” She said. Her voice was still weak.

Matt got up and looked at his wife. She nodded her understanding and looked after Paimon while he went hunting for some food. He came back with an armful of the sunset fruit and knelt by the girl again. The sight of the food set her stomach to rumbling. The married couple held back a laugh as Matt tried to cut a piece with his sword. He managed to get a juicy wedge and held it to Paimon’s mouth. She took it and ate it.

For the next few minutes, they gently fed her and watched as she came back to life. She burned through the five Sunsettia’s that Matt had found and was looking healthier and less like she had a close brush with .

She sat up on her own now. While Paimon was licking her fingers of any stray juice, Matt kept an eye on the sky. It looked like it was around noon. He and his wife had likely woken up in the morning and spent an hour or so coming to terms with their new life. Then they walked down towards this gentle sloping valley. That might have taken... half an hour?

Yeah, it felt something like that. Jen agreed.

Then they fought that slime and found Paimon, saved her with CPR-

You kissed her. Damn, I’m jealous.

So, if we got up about nine-ish... then it might be around eleven, eleven thirty. The sun does look close to the middle of the sky.

Where are you going with this? His wife asked. She was sitting beside Paimon and was asking her some questions. Questions like ‘Where did you come from?’ or ‘Do you know the area?’ She was getting some of the expected answers like, “I... can’t remember where I’m from, but I know this place well. We’re in the province of Mondstatd! Their capital is that way.”

The directions were good to know. And what he was getting at with the time of day was the idea that maybe they won’t get to the city before night fall. They might have to sleep outside tonight.

Ah, yeah, no. I don’t want that.

“Is there a settlement nearby? Somewhere we can stay the night?” Jen asked the non-fairy.

“Hmmm...” The shorter girl put a finger on her chin to think. “I think the closest place is Mondstatd itself, but maybe there's a farm over that way... And beyond that is Dornman’s Port. That’s a little far though.”

She pointed back towards the woods. That way would probably be north, northwest. Maybe. Don’t quote him on that.

“How long would it take to get to the city?” Jen asked her. “I definitely would like to sleep in a bed tonight.”

“Ah, well, that might be a walk. A long one.” Paimon said. “You see, the province is kinda big. And kinda empty too.”

“Well, if we can’t reach the city by nighttime, are there some good places to camp?” Matt asked her.

“Yep, just follow the valley to those cliffs.” She pointed towards the place they had been headed to. It was a smaller cliff area than to the north and Matt could see some cracks or openings. “There are a few sheltered places in there, as well as a path to get to the city. But you have to follow the coast for a little bit.”

That might be the place where the Traveller talks to Paimon about their origins in the opening cutscene. It seemed as if Matt and his wife were dropped off in a place outside the boundaries of the games map.

“I see. Would it be any trouble if you showed us? Or were you headed somewhere yourself?” He asked a follow up question.

“Um, well, I kinda don’t really have my own destination. And I know lots about Mondstatd. Especially their food!” She exclaimed. “So, yeah, I can show you the way. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.”

“Thank you Paimon. That really helps.” Jen gave the girl a smile.

“Of course. You guys saved me after all. That’s the least I could do.”

She gave that cheeky signature Paimon grin.

Hey, Jen. Have you noticed that she hasn’t spoken about herself in the third person?

Yeah, you're right. And her voice is lovely. Not annoying in the least. Jen agreed. It would seem this Paimon was a very different, yet similar character to what they were used to. She was a welcome change. Those thighs look delicious too.

Oh Jen. Baby, never change.

She gave him a cheeky grin herself.

“Okay, are we ready then? I’d like to find a good camping spot before it gets dark. Or do you need more rest?” Matt asked the girl that drowned.

“No, no. I’m okay.” Paimon assured him. She made to get up and... floated up into the air. Her feet landed on the ground, and she stood there smiling and ready to go.

“You can float?” Jen asked, with fake surprise. She too got up and dusted the back of her skirt. Matt got up too and stretched his arms.

“Uh, yeah... I’ve been able to do that for as long as I can remember, but I don’t know how.” The girl admitted. “It’s just something I can do.”

“And yet, you drowned?” Jen asked with a teasing grin.

“Ah! T-That... well, I was spooked! Yeah, something attacked me in the water, and I choked.”

“Hm, was it a slime?” Matt asked.

“Uh... maybe?”

“We defeated a slime before we noticed you in the water.”

“That could have been it.” She nodded, maybe a little uncertainly.

“Okay. Anyway, shall we get going?” The man asked the other two.

“Yep! Follow me!” Paimon exclaimed.

Jen was grinning the whole time but nodded too.

“Alright, Paimon, lead the way.”

The three of them left the small lake behind and headed for the beach at the start of the game.


A/N: Also, once again here is my Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/CandidBandit

Just how long does it take?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)