More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Gentlemen8p Gentlemen8p

What's next?

Time to leave

“You’re such a brat.” I commented after collecting my coat and climbed into the carriage.

“Unlike some of us I have a schedule!” Lauren tossed her belongings into the small compartment with me and jumped into the seat opposing me. “Besides I don’t see you giving a hand.”

“Ouch.” I replied sarcastically towards the light jab but I admit she had a point; I hated feeling helpless, not being able to do the simplest things made me furious.

Lauren smirked and made herself comfortable once the carriage begun to move. “So well you be alright? All alone in a big house, nothing to do?”

“Ok I’ll bite.” Speaking out of curiosity, if nothing else I looked over at my cousin.

Lauren’s grin widen after managing to gain my attention. “Sounds awfully dull to me. Well perhaps you can always distract yourself with that rich owner. What was his name again?”

“He is a she and her name is Sara. You would of known if you actually paid attention when sneaking into my room and reading my letters.”

“Hmph don't judge I'm just looking out for your interests dear cousin!” She yelled childishly breaking out of character all of a sudden but was unable to finish as the carriage shook and bounced the both of us inside, around after hitting a bump in the road.

A sharp cry of pain fell from my lips as the impact made me clutch at my leg. Lauren fell to her knee as a response and drop the pretence she held to make everything appear normal, into one of a caring nurse which I loathed.

“Easy...” she spoke in a soothing voice repeating the same phrase like I was a child or a wild animal. Lauren rubbed their hands along my thigh trying her best to put me at ease. “Maybe it’s a good thing?”

“What!? How can this be a good thing?!”

“Not speaking of your leg moron. This woman you will be staying with." I guess this was her attempt to change the subject. "You'll be able to think of something apart from the Hunt.” She chuckled trying to lighten up the situation. “If not, just sleeping with her will do, in your case probably should start with that.”

I learnt forward and gave Lauren a frightful glare, to which she just laughed at and continue to massage with care. “Apologies cousin but I know where your tastes lay. My parents partially kept me in arms reach away from you, growing up remember?!”

My hand crept under my annoying cousin’s chin and held it in place. Before she could react my lips fell over herself. Lauren shook a weak hand towards my face with I grasped we ease with my free hand. I felt the young girl sake within my grasp enjoying the confusion that had been created on her face once I pulled.

“You’re out of practice.” I sated blankly afterwards I drew a hand towards my face a wiped a slither of saliva off my lips (Lauren's no doubt.)

I waited a moment to watch the confusion eat away at a speechless Lauren. “I suggest working on your reaction time. Seriously if a cripple is quicker than you what use are you out hunting monsters?”

What is Lauren reaction?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)