More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by bastardlydastard bastardlydastard

More Information

The rules of magic

Magic is divided into four types: Alteration, Conjuration, Transmutation, and Evocation.

Alteration: Alteration revolves around affecting the minds of those around you. It allows one to another to feel an emotion, follow a specific train of thought, or some conjunction of the two. Alteration's effects can range from subtle manipulation of a person, to outright hypnosis and mind-slavery. However, the study of Alteration also teaches how to defend against psychic attacks and manipulation. Due to its insidious nature, The study of Alteration is Illegal in Estara.

Conjuration: Conjuration magic is based on the summoning and binding of magical creatures. The act of summoning and binding a small creature is as simple as a wave of the hand, but the larger and more powerful the creature in question is, the more complex and time consuming the ritual becomes. See magical creatures for more details on what can be summoned.

Transmutation: Transmutation is focused on changing something from one form to another. anything can be transformed into anything, following a few simple rules. Rule 1: something inanimate cannot be transformed into something animate, and vice versa. for example, you cannot turn a wooden wheel into a goat, and in turn, you cannot turn a goat into a wooden wheel. Rule 2: The original object must have a similar mass to what it is transformed into. For example, a human cannot transform into a dragon, as there is simply not enough human to be shaped into something the size of a dragon. This does work in reverse, as a dragon CAN transform into a human by simply turning the extra mass into smoke or water or the like, but in cases such as this, the transformation cannot be reversed, as now the dragon's mass is about that of a human. The mass does not need to be exactly the same, and there is a 50lb. margin of error, meaning that transformation can still be done provided the final result and the original object are within 50lbs of each other.

Evocation: Evocation is focused on directing the chaotic forces of the elements. The study of evocation allows one to throw fireballs, raise tidal waves, throw thunderbolts and so on.

Enchantment: Enchantment is accomplished by mixing Transmutation with one of the other magic types, (usually evocation). It uses transmutation to shape the object into something that accomplishes something else.

In Estara, magic is absolutely forbidden to men. If a man is caught practicing magic, his tongue is cut out, and the index and ring finger are removed from each of his hands, preventing him from speaking or writing.

For the beasties, click below

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)