More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MindGuy MindGuy

Next Chapter

The gem of mind control?

Meanwhile back on Earth...

Do y'all remember in the previous chapter where I said that I was bored with monotony and wanted something exciting to happen? Well, the good news is that something different is happening today, but the bad news... is that I'M GETTING ROBBED!

Basically, I was walking back to my home, I had to go out to the grocery store (which is a bit far from my home). But as I was walking I felt a hand on my shoulder and a steel object poking my back as I hear a male voice saying "Follow me or you die." After that, I was dragged to an alley by 2 men wearing black masks.

They dragged me to the corner of the back of this alley. One of the robbers says "You know the deal, money or your life, don't make us take both." While the other one is still pointing its gun at me, they're both standing in front of me, ready to just grab my shit and run away. Well, since I don't want a bullet going through my skull, I guess I should give them my stuff, I'm gonna miss my phone and wallet.

The robbers smirk as they see me handing them my wallet and phone to them without any resistance on my part. But a second before I hand them my stuff, I see a bright spark forming between the 2 robbers. The robbers then turn their heads as they see this weird light in between them; but before any of us can react, the light explodes.

BOOM!

The small explosion shock wave had enough to push me back and make me fall to the ground, however, the robbers didn't have the same luck. The explosion instantly released some electric bolts that were shooting in seemingly random directions, the bolts were powerful enough to disintegrate both the robbers into ashes in less than a second.

"Uh..." I groan a bit from hitting my back against the ground, my vision is a bit dizzy after I just saw that light. But as I slowly stand up and my dizziness fades away, I see something that I can't believe in front of me. A purple gem floating in the middle of the 2 small piles of ashes that used to be the robbers, if I had been any closer to that explosion, I would've also died.

In a panicked reaction, I scream "WHAT THE FUCK!? HELP! HE-" but before I could say anything else, the gem moved towards me. "AAAH!" I tried to back off but there was no use, the gem was faster than me, and then... The gem quickly launched itself directly into my head.

Before the purple gem struck me, at that moment I closed my eyes in a panic, thinking that I would die right here and now. However, what actually happened was that I felt something manifesting inside of me. I received a huge shock of energy, like something exploding and releasing its energy inside of my fucking soul. I don't know how to describe it, it felt like something massive, I was seeing visions of stars across the cosmos, like this energy was connected to something far beyond my understanding, and then... It all went dark.


Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

An alarm was going off inside the Batcave, the cave of the hero known as Batman (or Bruce Wayne if you're close enough to him); Batman quickly checked the red notification on his computer to see what was happening.

Batman then saw a computer scan which reported a huge amount of unregistered energy had appeared and disappeared in a matter of seconds, the location was in the northeast of New York. "Hmmm, this energy behaves similarly to magic, sorcerers are experienced in hiding their true power; however, releasing massive amounts of energy and almost immediately making it disappear would require the sorcerer to be extremely skilled..." says Batman with his normal monotone voice.

His butler Alfred looks at the screen and asks "If you sir plan to go and investigate the area, it would be in the best of your interests to not go alone, we don't know if it could be a trap."

Batman then looks at Alfred and answers "Maybe, luckily for us I know exactly who to call..." Alfred raises his eyebrow with curiosity. Batman then proceeds to call Zatanna, the Mistress of Magic.

"Hey, Bruce! How are you doing? You're not gonna believe it, today I did a show when someone asked me to hypnotize him and make him act like my chair, I swear, people's requests just get weirder and weirder." Says Zatanna while laughing a bit through the phone.

Batman then explains "We can talk about it later, I need your help with something urgent." Zatanna then changes her expression to a serious one after she hears Batman say that, Zatanna then confidently says "Okay, tell me where and I'll get us both there in no time."


After who knows how many minutes have passed, I opened my eyes in a panic "Aah..." I inhaled and breathed all the air I could. I then look around and see that I'm still at this alley. I look in front of me and the small piles of ashes are still there. I then slowly stood up, despite my body feeling a bit like shit, I had to leave this place as fast as possible.

I grab my bag with groceries, phone, and wallet as I'm ready to leave this alley, but then as I turn around and begin to run I accidentally bump into something which bounced me back and made me fall back to the ground again, which by the way, I'm getting quite tired of this shit of me falling on my back.

I then look up and see that I accidentally bumped into this gorgeous woman dressed in a magician outfit with a top hat and a wand, also I'm 99% sure that her boobs are what bounced me back. I mean, how can her white top even hold on? And probably a better question, haven't I seen this woman somewhere else? On the TV or maybe the news?

The magic lady then points her wand at me and says "Hey back off! You can only look, but not touch." Then Batman tells her "Calm down, Zatanna."

Wait... Batman? Zatanna? Oh shit...

Next Chapter

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)